The purpose of the Alexis Buskirk Memorial Book Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for book expenses to students with epilepsy who are formally admitted into a degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
The Alexis Buskirk Memorial Book Scholarship was created in memoriam of Alexis Buskirk by the Order of the Pythian Sisters Friendship 2.
- Applicant must be formally diagnosed with epilepsy and provide a doctor’s statement of verification.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and/or vocational degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling in at least three (3) credits at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be an Alaskan resident.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- Submit the following to qualify for this scholarship:
- Applicant must submit a doctors statement to show proof of epilepsy. This statement must be mailed or submitted to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline, not postmarked by the deadline. Please submit the statement in a sealed envelope ATTN: Alexis Buskirk Scholarship.
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Alexis Buskirk Scholarship
PO Box 141608
Anchorage AK 99514
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage AK 99503