The purpose of the Kris Knudson Memorial Scholarship Fund is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to full-time students who are formally admitted into a degree-seeking program in the area of biochemistry, immunology, or microbiology at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is $1,000 for undergraduate student and $1,500 for graduate student per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking program in the area of biochemistry, immunology, or microbiology at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits for undergraduate and nine (9) credits for graduate) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Undergraduate applicant must have completed at least fifteen (15) credits in chemistry, biological sciences, and/or natural sciences. Graduate applicant must have earned a baccalaureate degree and completed at least fifteen (15) credits undergraduate in chemistry, biological science, and/or natural sciences.
- Graduate applicant must be involved in a research project within the area of biochemistry, immunology, or microbiology.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then login to secured area of UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
*In order to qualify for this scholarship please submit the additional information below to supplement the online application.
- Graduate applicants must submit a brief essay (250 word max) describing their involvement in a research project related to biochemistry, immunology, or microbiology. Please type essay into text box provided below.