Private Scholarships, UAA Specific
- American Legion 40/8: Is offering awards for full time nursing students who demonstrate financial need. Contact American Legion : 907-242-1530 for deadline information.
- The Alaska Community Foundation Sven E. Lorraine Eriksson Scholarship: Offers an annual award between $500 and $3,000 to students in engineering or music. Deadline to apply is June 16th, 2013.
- PEO Chapter K Scholarship: Available to females attending UAA with a minimum 3.0 GPA and a minimum class standing of Sophomore. Award amount is $1,000 ($500 a semester). Deadlines to apply are June 15th for the fall term and October 15th for the spring term.
- Alaska Native Epidemiology Center: (EpiCenter), a department of the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC), is pleased to announce that it will be awarding scholarships for the University of Alaska Anchorage Master's of Public Health (MPH) Program. The scholarship will include the tuition, fees, and course materials for one course offered through the distance-learning MPH Program. For a list of available courses and information about UAA's MPH Program, visit: http://health.uaa.alaska.edu/mph.
Electric Association – Is offering thirteen (13) scholarships to students.
All applicants must be receiving service or have an immediate family member
receiving service from Kodiak Electric Association. Deadline to apply has passed, please check back for updates.
Local Private Scholarships, Non-UAA Specific
- The Alaska Community Foundation is proud to support Alaskan students in their
educational and career pursuits through a number of scholarship opportunities
available in 2013. From students pursuing technology education, to nursing
students planning to work in rural Alaska, and students who are the first in
their family to go to college, a wide range of students can benefit from ACF's
scholarships. Deadlines to apply vary.
- The ACLU Alaska foundation is offering: The Joan Hamilton Memorial Scholarship: A $2500 award to a post secondary school Alaska student who wishes to pursue a career related to the law in which s/he will advocate for Alaska Native rights and defend the civil liberties of the peoples of rural Alaska. Deadline to apply has passed, please check back for updates.
- 2013 ANTHC Scholarship is now accepting applications from permanent Alaska residents interested in working in the healthcare field. Deadline to apply has passed, please check back for updates.
- Alaska Association of Environmental Professionals Scholarship: Provides scholarships for full-time undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in the area of environmental (or natural) sciences, environmental technology, or environmental policy. There is one $1,000 award per year.Deadline to apply is October 30, 2013.
- Alaska Space Grant Program:Offering scholarships and fellowships to U.S. citizens students pursuing higher education and majoring in science, technology, engineering and/or mathematics (STEM) fields. Application requirements and award amounts vary between scholarships and fellowships. Deadline to apply is September 9, 2013.
- Alaska Retired Educators Association: Provides scholarships to upperclassmen and graduate students attending any of the University of Alaska campuses, who plan to teach in Alaska. Additional requirements and AKREA application available here. A $2,000 award is being offered for 2013/2014.Deadline to apply has passed, please check back for updates.
- The Edward and Anna Range Schmidt Charitable Trust: offers grants and emergency financial assistance for Alaska Native students of Earth and Environmental Science (internship support, travel and/or expenses related to workshops and science fairs, support needed to secure employment in science-related fields or emergency needs). They accept applications anytime and must be made by letter from a sponsor. Write to: PO Box 770982, Eagle River, AK 99577 or call Nora Shew or Frederic Wilson at 1.907.786.7445/7448
- Native American Health Education Fund: Is offering scholarships to Native American students who are interested in seeking a career in health related fields. Deadline to apply is June 15, 2013.
Mat-Su Health Foundation Scholarship
: Open to students who have a primary residence in Mat-Su and have a major or course of study linked to healthcare. 2013 Scholarship Application will be available January, 2, 2013. Deadline to apply has passed, please check back for updates.
National Private Scholarships
National Private Scholarships
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants Scholarship
: Scholarships available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution. Awards are $1000. Deadline to apply is June 14, 2013.
: Scholarships are intended for future leaders across a wide spectrum of fields of study. The award is available to high school seniors and all students a post secondary educational facility. Students are not required to be taking Engineering courses to be eligible. Deadline to apply is October 4, 2013.
American Welding Society
: Scholarships available to students preparing for a career in the welding and related joining technologies. Deadline to apply is March 1st of each year.
ASCO Numatics :
will award two $5,000 scholarships to exceptional undergraduate students pursuing careers in engineering, instrumentation, systems, electrical, mechanical, or automation discipline at an accredited U.S. educational institution. Application. Deadline to apply is May 24, 2013.
Black & Lee scholarship program
: Is offering two $500 awards to students between the ages of 15-20 attending a post-secondary institution by the fall of 2013. Deadline to apply is May 15, 2013.
"Wrought Iron Art" Scholarship:
Is currently offering two $1,000 scholarships to students enrolled at any college, university, trade or technical school in the U.S. or Canada. Deadline to apply is December 1, 2013
Nursing scholarship is offering a $1000 scholarship to undergraduate nurse students seeking financial aid for tuition, books and education related costs. Deadline to apply is July 1, 2013.
: Available to high school seniors or students attending post secondary
institutions who are deserving athletes. Awards are $500. Deadline to apply is June 21, 2013.
Custom Jewelry Scholarship
and Custom Furniture Scholarship
are available at CustomMade.com.
Click on the links for further details. Custom-made is a marketplace that allows you to commission custom projects from over 3,000 talented, independent makers. They want to know what your students think the benefits are of buying custom products from local artisans. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2013.
Is offering a $2000 award to a student attending Fall 2013. Deadline to apply is July 31, 2013.
CEO of Tomorrow Scholarship
is interested in the success of not only the business leaders of today, but also the CEOs of tomorrow. For this reason, they are awarding a $2,500 scholarship to students interested in business leadership and/or entrepreneurship.The CEO of Tomorrow has Official Rules and Terms
. Please read them before applying. Deadline to apply is June 1, 2013.
Disability Awareness Scholarship:
Is offering $1,000 to a student attending an accredited university full time with a G.P.A. of 3.0. Deadline to apply is January 10th 2014.
- The Drive to Learn Scholarship : Is pleased to announce that they will be offering an annual $1,000 award to full-time students. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2014.
: Scholarship for students other than graduate, law, or incoming freshman. Awards range from $5,000-$1,000. Deadline is December 1st of each year.
Is offering a $1000 award to three qualified students that are on the path to a business or marketing career. Students must have completed at least one year of post-secondary education and have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is November 30, 2013.
Institute for Humane Studies
: Fellowships/scholarships awarded to students with liberty-advancing research interests. Students may be undergraduate/graduate. Deadlines to apply vary.
Is pleased to offer a $1,000 award to a student 17 years or older who is accepted into a college but not yet started, or any current undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in and attending an institution of higher education. Please visit the provided link for a full list of requirements and application
. Deadline to apply is December 31, 2013.
Life Parts Express Scholarship
: Is offering one $1,000 award to a student between the ages of 16-21 who is attending classes this Fall 2013 and has a GPA of 3.0 or above. Deadline to apply is June 30, 2013.
: Scholarships are awarded annually to at least 40 young College graduate U.S. citizens. Successful candidates are able to study a wide range of subjects for a higher degree at any of Britain's universities. The 2014 Application will be available late spring 2013.
Is awarding $4000 to two students who excel in art based majors. Deadlines to apply vary.
Therapy Professional Scholarship
: medicaresupplementalinsurance.com is offering a $1,000 scholarship to a student interested in physical, massage, recreational, or occupational therapy or psychology
professions and is interested in attending a related program,
undergraduate, graduate, or accredited training program at an accredited
institution of learning within the United States. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2013.
NAWIC FOUNDERS' SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION
: Applicant must be currently enrolled in a /construction-related degree program, and have at least one term remaining in a course of study leading to a degree or an associate degree in a construction-related field. High school seniors are not eligible. Deadline to apply is February 28, of each year.
is offering three $4000 scholarship awards to students enrolled in an accredited college. Deadline to apply is June 30, 2013
Rogers Community Volunteer Scholarship
: Is offering one $500 award to a student attending school full-time in the fall. Student must posses a GPA of 2.5 or higher and have contributed 10 hours of volunteer work. Deadline to apply is June 1, 2013.
Sally Strain Memorial Scholarship:
is offering a $100 award to the student who writes the best 200 word response to "Why are you going to college?". Deadline to apply is August 1, 2013.
Sedary & Associates
: Is offering one $500 award to a student between the ages of 16-22 who is enrolled in a post secondary institution by Fall of 2013. Deadline to apply is June 15, 2013.
Scholarship for Finance & Economics:
is offering a $1,000 scholarships to a student currently enrolled in a finance, economics, or an investment related program. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2013.
The Pediatric Dentist of Tomorrow Scholarship will award $500 every year to a student striving to achieve their dream of entering the dental field. Applications accepted March 15, 2013 through March 15, 2014.
Technology for Tuition Scholarship: AT&TSavings.com
offers a recurring scholarship to students who are U.S. Citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States and are not employed by any division of home connections. Deadline to apply is June 1, 2013.
Social Networking Scholarships
- National Payday: Is offering a $3,000 scholarship to the student who best answers the essay question. Do payday loans work? Why or why not? Deadline to apply is July 31, 2013.