Hey Betty, I don't think I have the flu, but I am always tired and thirsty. I know that these are prominent signs of diabetes. Diabetes does run in both sides of my family however I hardly eat any sugary foods. Would you recommend me getting tested for diabetes?
It would be a good idea to be evaluated for diabetes, with your family history and symptoms.
Warning signs of diabetes may include:
1. Frequent urination
2. Feeling hungry or thirsty all of the time
3. Blurred vision
4. Cuts or bruises that are slow to heal
5. Feeling tired all the time
6. Tingling or numbness to hands or feet
However, most people with diabetes do not notice any signs.
Those at risk for diabetes include:
2. Sedentary lifestyle
3. High blood pressure
4. Family history of diabetes
5. Woman who had diabetes during pregnancy and/or delivered a baby that weighed 9 pounds or more
6. African American, Native American or Alaska Native, Hispanic, Asian American or Pacific Islander
If you have warning signs and/or are at risk for diabetes, make an appointment to see your health care provider for evaluation.
To Learn More: www.fda.gov/diabetes