Currently Offered Contraception Brands and Prices
For contraceptive prescriptions, a current Annual Exam must be on file with the SHCC. If you need to schedule an exam, please call 907-786-4040.
Your oral contraceptive refill can be ready for pick up by completing the Online Contraceptive Refills form, please allow 7 days for processing of your refill request. If you need your refill sooner than this, please call 786-4040 to talk to a medical provider.
Emergency Contraception: SHCC offers Plan B for $15.00.Please call 907-786-4040 for more information and appointments, or go to Not 2 Late.
Prices listed are for each pack, prices are updated regularly and are subject to change based upon current wholesale pricing.
Aviane (Generic for Alesse) - $ 14.00
Camilla - $12.50
Cryselle (Generic for Lo/Ovral)- $12.75
Enpresse (Generic for Triphasil) - $12.75
Gianvi (Generic for Yaz) - $60.00
Junel/Junel Fe (Generic for Loestrin 1.5/30) - $12.75
Kariva (Generic for Mircette) - $19.00
Nortrel 7/7/7 (Generic for Ortho-Novum 7/7/7) - $12.75
Nortrel 1/35 (Generic for Ortho-Novum 1/25) - $12.75
Ocella (Generic for Yasmin) $57.50
Ortho Tri Cyclen - $11.00
Portia (Generic for Nordette) - $14.00
Sprintec - $10.00
Trivora - $20.75
Other available contraceptive methods
Depo Provera- $31.00 every 3 months Depo Calendar
Mirena with insertion - $330.00
Nuva Ring - $77.00 every month
Paragard with insertion - $735.00
Implanon is not currently available through the SHCC.
If you would like additional information regarding contraception selection, please contact the SHCC, or visit the following link provided by Association of Reproductive Health Professionals.
- Student Health and Counseling Center Home
- Services And Hours
- Eligibility, Billing and Insurance
- Physical Health
- Mental Health
- Student Health 101
- Health Education
- Ask Betty
- Emotional Health
- Winter blues?
- Post abortion depression?
- Thanks for answering all the questions?
- Over-stressed and panic attack?
- How can you help homesickness?
- I think I may have adult ADHD?
- Worried about friend who thinks that this is the beginning of the end of days?
- I am a nursing student and am currently waiting to get into the BS program; what about becoming an ANP; how long does it take; how much do you make; where do you work?
- Where can faculty and staff go on campus for mental health services?
- Where can I go for an anger management program?
- Can medical procedures performed on a young child without their understanding be considered early childhood trauma and could this cause depress and anxiety symptoms later is life?
- I have been experiencing anxiety of the past year and a half, what should I do?
- Is there such a thing as getting anxiety because I feel anxiety coming on - as when I try to think of other things and it gets worse?
- This past weekend I was basically told on at work for something that I did not do my boss was really upset at me and did not believe what I had to say - what do I do?
- I have been previously diagnosed with bipolar disorder but my medicaid ran out and I have been suffering from intense mood swings, manic fits, and depreesion, can you help?
- I am so depressed but puzzled after being bound and gagged during a burglary and feeling embarrassed and humiliated, help?
- I am having trouble coping with my husbands depression, it seems to be highly tied to the winter months, help?
- Is there a place on campus to get divorce/custody assistance on campus and help dealing with personal crisis?
- Suffering from anxiety, stopped going to therapist, depressed and deteriorating by the day, I am stuck, help?
- Does the Student Health and Counseling Center offer SAD lights?
- For a person diagnosed with ADHD can they grow out of the hyeractive portion but still have focusing and memory problems?
- Does UAA offer psychiatric appointments for college students during the Summer and the rest of the school year?
- My boyfriend says that he is feeling very empty, confused and lonely, should I break up with him?
- I just found out I may have a different biological father, is there a support group to help me?
- My boyfriend and I have awesome communication, have a blast, and love each other, but, sometimes I feel really insecure and we fight a lot, are we doomed?
- Fitness And Nutrition
- Eating once a day?
- Will eating pasta make me fat?
- Super high iron content in my blood and craving protein?
- Doesn't eat well, should I take a fiber supplement?
- Why am I always so tired after I eat?
- I was wondering about the new HCG diet, I have heard mixed reviews, I need to lose about 40 lbs?
- Does the HCG diet cause infertility?
- Does the diet pill Slimquick interfere with hormonal birhcontrol pills - the advertisement states it balances out hormones?
- i have been fighting with bulimia for the past year, how bad are the effects, should I seek counseling?
- I may have a gluten allergy due to the symptoms I am having, does the Student Health and Counseling Center do gluten allergy testing?
- What is the best effective way to lose weight quickly?
- General Health
- Vomiting Brown Coffee Granules?
- Frequent UTIs?
- Pregnancy and Seatbelts?
- Nose Bleeds?
- Insecticide Exposure?
- Discharge and odor from naval?
- Fell on ice and twisted ankle?
- Wants milia cysts around eyes removed?
- Gallbladder stones and painful abdomen?
- What about mono can you tell me?
- Red, irritated eye?
- I think I have a drinking problem?
- What flu or cold remedies are safe to take with lorazepam?
- Help, I'm having trouble staying awake in class?
- Back pain with curvature of spine?
- Itchy breasts with red spots?
- Why does the health insurance plan not cover asthma; is there help for a student with asthma?
- Are my children and husband covered under my student insurance?
- Need help finding health insurance coverage?
- Would a Student Health and Counseling Center provider be willing to sign a recommendation for medical marijuana?
- I have been having jolts or electric shocks going down my arms and legs, any advice?
- Could you explain the general guidelines for treating a MRSA infection, including risk of spreading this infection?
- Does medical marijuana help alleviate gallbladder pain?
- What are the immunization requirements at UAA?
- Drinks a lot of diet soft drinks and bones and joints popping?
- Discovered a small pea sized lump under the skin on my back, what is it?
- My hair is falling out, I can see a lot more scalp and I'm only 21, should I start hair growth products?
- I have high blood pressure. Can I come into the Student Health and Counseling Center for treatment?
- Recovering from a cold and have mucus buildup in my throat above where I am able to swallow, what should I do?
- I am always tired and thirsty, and diabetes runs in my family, should I get tested?
- No health insurance and not eligible for the Student Health & Counseling Center need health care, help?
- Is there medical insurance available for students?
- I sometimes throw up after I eat if I think I ate too much; now it seems that whenever I eat, I have an urge to throw up; is that weird?
- Does the Student Health & Counseling Center offer eye exams?
- Does the Student Health & Counseling Center provide wart treatment/removal?
- What immunizations are required for freshman enrollment, starting Fall 2010?
- I have thyroid problems that run in my family, I have been feeling very sluggish lately, and have been gaining weight regardless of what I eat and work out, where can I get my throid checked?
- My wisdom teeth are causing a lot of pain and probably should be pulled, what are the options for someone without insurance coverage and very little money?
- I am having severe pain in my back between my ribs and along to the front of my chest that is stopping me from sleeping and making it difficult to eat - is it possible to strain your intercostal muscles?
- I have allergies to shrimp and certain nuts, so you provide allergy tests?
- My hands, fingernails, and lips turn bluish purplish - should I be concerned?
- Cough for 3 weeks following fever and chills - could I have whooping cough?
- I have been seeing commercials for adult meningitis vaccines - should I get one?
- I hurt my arm skiing, does student health offer xrays?
- What is the treatment for vitiligo?
- What should I do when the student health services determines from a phone call that I'm not sick enough to need their services on a certain day?
- Transfering to UAA do I need shots and do I need meningococcal vaccine?
- Burning sensation im my urethra that comes and goes, cut back on masturbation but it is still there, what could it be?
- Worried that I may have an intestinal parasite, does the SHCC offer analysis?
- Pain in my tailbone area for the past few days no injury?
- What is the best way to quit biting your nails?
- Snore, wake up thirsty, often tired all day, could I have sleep apnea?
- Pain in the center of chest and lower back what should I do?
- Back pain, no relief with ibuprofen, what could I have?
- Small bump on my eyelid makes my eye irritable every time I blink - infection or stye?
- Can You Tell If a Guy Likes You?
- Married but separated and falling in love with 17 year old, which one should I go for?
- Broke up with boyfriend after two years and can't focus on school?
- My wife went through menopause and has no desire in having sex, what's a guy to do?
- My family believes that college graduates have no personal skills and that street smarts are allthat matters, this is hurtful to me, help?
- My boyfriend keeps threatening to break up every time we fight; I feel torn apart and he just does not listen to me, what do I do?
- Bi guy with long distance craigs list relationship with chronic liar?
- Mother says I can either choose to come back home or move away and not ever be a part of this family anymore, what do I say?
- My boyfriend breaks up with me every time we fight, he never talks or listens to me, he always says bad things about our relationship, why is he like that?
- Recently got engaged but we are feeling distant and finance asks for a break, what should we do?
- Currently living with my boyfriend and a roommate who is mad because we don't hang out with him all of the time - what should I do?
- Irritated with my girlfriend, snap at her and now she will barely talk to me, any advice?
- My friend and my girlfriend have a small crush on each other, should I be mad?
- My girlfriend has been asking questions about what I would do if we broke up, what does she mean?
- Sexual Health
- Painful Urination?
- Menses After Unprotected Sex?
- Unprotected Sex and Symptoms?
- Pregnancy Without Intercourse?
- Oral Sex and Missed Period?
- Oral Sex and Ulcer?
- Withdrawl as Birth Control?
- Unprotected Sex?
- Oral Yeast?
- Missing Nuva Ring?
- Sex with Food Poisoning?
- Virgin with unprotected sex?
- Trying to conceive, pregnancy symptoms?
- Took Plan B and no period?
- Sex during pregnancy with cut on penis?
- Sex during pregnancy causing abdominal pain?
- STD screening and results?
- Can a yeast infection be a sign of HIV?
- Can HPV eventually turn to HIV?
- Abdominal pain with sex?
- Is BV a STD?
- Just started having sex with my boyfriend, wondering what to get tested for?
- Can you get pregnant while on your period?
- Does the Health Center carry the birth control patch?
- Is Yasmin birth control available at the SHCC?
- Condom broke with sex for 48 year old with irregular periods, can I get pregnant, consider Plan B?
- Is something wrong with me, I've been sexually active for 3 years without an orgasm?
- On injectable birth control plus took Plan B and now with irregular bleeding?
- Can Lutera oral contraceptive be used as an emergency contraceptive?
- Is herpes testing included in an annual exam?
- I had sex with my boyfriend a week ago, the condom broke, I was supposed to get my period yesterday, I am on birthcontrol, can I be pregnant?
- What do you give people with HPV - I already had green tea cream and that did not work?
- How long does it take STI test results to get back to the Student Health and Counseling Center?
- My periods are irregular, I had unprotected sex, I took Plan B, I'm scared and worried?
- I am sometimes experiencing vaginal bleeding after intercourse with my husband, should I make an appointment to be seen? I have had one normal and one abnormal pap in the last 2 years?
- I am on again off again with my menstrual cycle, I had unprotected intercourse and did not use birth control, could I really be pregnant?
- On depo provera for 4 years, have been off for two years and unable to become pregnant, help?
- Recently switch birth contol pills missed one and have noticed spotting, cramps and sore breasts, so quit the pill and wonder if I could be pregnant?
- Left my birth control pills in my car for two weeks in freezing weather, can the cold affect the way the pills work?
- Pain with intercourse for 52 year old menopausal virgin please guide me?
- On Aviane for one month and two weeks unprotected intercourse and abdominal pain could i be pregnant?
- Thinking of switching my low dose birth control pill to a higher dose, will it provide more protection against pregnancy?
- Can I get Plan B at the Health Center
- Taking Aviane for three weeks and had unprotected intercourse on the first day of inactive pills, am I protected?
- Women's Health
- Menopause and Vaginal Bleeding?
- Nuva Ring and Spotting?
- Yeast Infection During Menses?
- Food Craving?
- Spotting and OCPs?
- Irregular Menses?
- UTIs and Missed Period?
- Pregnancy and Inactive Pills?
- Oral Contraceptive Pill Efficacy?
- Prenatal Hazards?
- OCPs and Period for 3 Weeks?
- Spotting while on Pills?
- Can UTIs shorten periods?
- Can grapefruit effect birth control pills?
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?
- Yeast infection still present after treatment?
- Restarting OCPs?
- New start on OCPs with spotting?
- Condom broke while on Depo Provera?
- Can loss of one ovary affect fertility?
- Changed oral contraceptive pill brand and spotting?
- IUD, thinking of having it removed?
- Worried about girlfriend spotting on birth control pills?
- Spotting and cramping on new birth control brand?
- Needs help with irregular menses?
- Can milia be present on the vaginal area?
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and Plan B?
- My period is 2 weeks early, should I keep taking my pills?
- Having sharp lower abdominal pains, could it be serious?
- Can Polycystic Ovary Syndrome affect fertility?
- Can someone have PCOS if they have normal periods?
- If you don't get your period for months, and know you're not pregnant, do you automatically have PCOS?
- Do birth control pills have any effect on women with PCOS; do they help with cysts?
- Can birth control pills prevent me from losing weight?
- Need help with cramps from polycystic ovary syndrome?
- Out for dinner and my heart started beating fast, my temperature went up, I felt sweaty, and very dizzy like I was going to vomit, do you think it was due to my period?
- Spotting every day, not on birth control, negative pregnancy test, negative STIs, help?
- Does taking a multi-vitamin affect birth control effectiveness?
- I removed my Nuva ring for my ring free week on Tuesday, and started my period on a Friday; when should I insert a new ring?
- Just found out that I am pregnant; when should I see my provider?
- When can you start birth control; do I have to wait until my next period; do I have to take it at exactly the same time everyday?
- Does the SHCC carry the Depo Provera birth control shot; what other options are available to me?
- Do I need to use condoms while on birth control pills for intercourse during my period?
- Can you take weight loss pills when you are on birth control?
- Will taking fish oil supplements inhibit my oral contraceptive from absorbing into my system?
- I want to get the birth control shot, what do I need to do to get it?
- Spotting while on extended-cycle birth control pills, can I become pregnant, am I getting enough hormones?
- When is the best age, physiologically to start having children?
- Is the Mirena IUD a good option for hormonal control for polycystic ovary syndrome?ol pills have any effect on women with PCOS; do they help with cysts?
- Postmenopausal vaginal brown spotting sometimes reddish in color with lower back pain?
- What are the symptoms of pregnancy on the first week?
- My period has not been on a normal schedule since I started now I am 50 days late help?
- What does it mean to have 3 cycles of bleeding in one month?
- Stopped taking depo provera injections three months ago because I bled for two months straight, I still have not had a period, should I worry?
- How can I check that my hymen is okay?
- Do recurrent yeast infections, harm the body/immune/vagina in any way, and can you leave it untreated for a period of time?
- Ask Betty a Question
- Emotional Health
- Contact Information