Top 20 actions
Small actions make a big difference. Pick a couple below to get started
1. Buy only when you need it, not when you want it!
2. Turn off lights,TV,radio, Wii, and coffee maker each time you leave the room.
3. Take the PeopleMover (FREE with your Wolfcard) 1 day per week or more instead of driving your car.
4. Walk, ride your bike, or take the Seawolf shuttle to main campus.
5. Sign up for UAA’s ride sharing program “ZimRide”. Click here
6. Join UAA’s car cooperative. “Connect by Hertz”.
7. Use a reusable coffee mug and get a 10¢ discount on campus!
8. Drink from the water fountain or tap to reduce plastic bottle waste and use a reusable water bottle.
9. Purchase furniture, clothing, school supplies and books through Craig’s List Anchorage.
10.Buy 100% recycled paper and print double-sided. (Available at Costco & Office Max)
11. Buy 100% biodegradable and non-toxic cleaning products and toiletries. Click here
12. Use energy efficient light bulbs in your room. (CFL’s MUST BE RECYCLED)
13. Plug anything that has a display light or a power adapter/converter into a power strip and turn it off when you are not using it.
14. Eat meat-free meals at least once a week. For your health and the planet.
15. Buy local and in season food whenever possible. (Check out the UC in the summer and fall for the farmers market)
16. Ask for local, organic and fair trade food on campus.
17. Bring your own cutlery/chopsticks/cup/tupperware to UAA.
18. Join the UAA Sustainability Club. Click here
for more information.
19. Support local businesses and US made products.
20. Wash your clothes in cold water.
Don’t forget to share what you learn with family and friends.
to download "Green Living: Incorporating Sustainability Into Your Residential Hall Experience