George Kamberov: Talks and Presentations
Recent Talks and Presentations
- Penn Vision Reading Seminar: "Extracting the Manifold Structures Underlying 3D Point Clouds", GRASP Lab, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, February 24, 2011.
- GRASP Seminar: "Discovery and Learning from Noisy Data", University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, October 12, 2010.
- Computer Science Seminar: "Scene Reconstruction and Understanding from Low Quality Data", UC Berkeley, February 18, 2008
- Center for Machine Perception, CS Department, Czech Technical University, Praha, March 11, 2006.
- Medical Geometry Meeting, CS Department, UNC, Chapel Hill, February 2006.
- Imaging: IMA Annual Program Year Workshop, New Mathematics and Algorithms for 3-D Image Analysis, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, Minneapolis, MN, January 9-12, 2006 (poster)
- Image Processing Seminar, UCLA, November 4, 2005.
- Graphics Lunch, Princeton University, October 24, 2005
- IRIS Vision Seminar, University of Southern California, Spring 2005.
- Image Processing and Analysis Working Seminar, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, Minneapolis, MN, February 17, 2005.
- 3D Data Processing Visualization and Transmission, Thessalonica, Greece, September 9, 2004.
- International Conference in Pattern Recognition, Cambridge, UK, August 2004.
- Being There, Joint presentation to IXO DARPA, G. Kamberov, G. Kamberova, K. Daniilidis, June 2004.
- Invited Lectures at Submaniflods Sendai 2004 Workshop, The 21st Century COE Project, Exploring New Science by Bridging Particle-Matter Hierarchy, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, February 17-18, 2004.
- Lectures on Dirac Spinors, Conformal Surface Immersions, Shape Invariants, and Exclusion Principles, Fifth International Conference on Geometry, Integrability and Quantization, Varna, Bulgaria, 2003.
- European Conference in Computer Vision, Copenhagen, Denmark, May 2002
- Winter School in Computer Graphics, Plzen, Czech Republic, February 2002
- AMS Special Session, Three Bridges from Applied to Pure Mathematics, Atlanta, GA, March 8-10, 2002
- Gaussian Representations of Surfaces, AMS Meeting 966, 2001
- European Physics Society, Conference on Controlled Fusion and Plasma Physics, Madeira, Portugal 2001. (Presented by L. Popova)
- AMS National Meeting, Mathematical Challenges of the 21st Century, Los Angeles, CA, 2000
- IEEE, Computer Vision And Pattern Recognition, Hilton Head, NC, 2000
INVITED CONFERENCE TALKS
- Invited address: International convention on the occasion of the 450th anniversary of the foundation of the University of Messina, Messina, Italia, October 12-14, 1998.
- AMS Meeting # 936, Winston-Salem, NC October 9-10, 1998
- 1998 Lehigh University Geometry/Topology Conference June 11-13, 1998
- AMS Meeting # 934, Univ. of California, Davis, CA, April 24-25, 1998
- 1998 International Conference on Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China.
- A New Look at Surfaces and Shape Recovery, Third Midwestern Conference on Partial Differential Equations, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, November 7-9, 1997.
- Quadratic Differentials, Quaternionic Forms and Conformal Immersions, AMS Meeting # 927, Milwaukee, Wisconsin., October 24-26, 1997.
- Holomorphic Quadratic Differentials and Conformal Immersions , International Conference on Differential Equations
and Dynamical Systems, Waterloo, Canada, August 1-4, 1997.
- Mean Curvature Data and the Shape of a Surface, AMS meeting # 920, April 12-13, 1997, College Park, Maryland.
- Shape Invariants of Surfaces in , Dirac Spinors, and Recovering the Shape of a Surface from the Mean Curvature,
Intl. Conference on Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations, Springfield, MO, April 1996.
- New Results on the Rigidity of Embeddings with Prescribed Mean Curvature Lehigh University Geometry and Topology Conference, Bethlehem, PA, June 1995.
- Determining the Shape of a Surface from its Mean Curvature, Lehigh University Geometry and Topology Conference, Bethlehem, PA, June 9-11, 1994.
- Initial Boundary Value Problems for Ricci Flow, AMS meeting # 878, January 1993, San Antonio, Texas.
- Ricci Flow on Manifolds with Boundary. Generalized Weyl Problem, AMS meeting # 873, Springfield, Missouri, March 20-21, 1992.
- Riemannian Metrics with Prescribed Ricci Curvature, AMS meeting, University of South Florida, Tampa, March 22-23, 1991.
- Singular Systems of PDE in Riemannian Geometry, AMS meeting, University of North Texas, Denton, Nov. 2-3, 1990.
RECENT COLLOQUIA and SEMINARS
- Geometry Seminar, SUNY, Stony Brook, March 3, 1998
- Geometry Seminar, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, to be held
in Spring 1998.
- GANG Seminar, UMass, Amherst, November 24, 1997.
- Geometry Seminar, Rice University, November 14, 1997.
- Colloquium, IMPA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 10, 97.
- Colloquium, Univ. das Amazonas, Manaus, Brazil, July 2, 97.
- Colloquium, UNICAMP-USP, São Paulo, Brazil, June 97.
- Lectures on Quaternions and Spinors, University of Saõ Paulo,
Brazil, May 24 - July 1, 1997.
- Lectures on Conformal Immersions, Institute Fourier, Grenoble, France,
to be held.
- Lectures on Singular Differential Equations in Physics, Physics Department,
Univ. of Naples, Italy, to be held.
- Mathematics Colloquium, Oregon State University, Corvalis, to be held.
- Mathematics Colloquium, McMaster University, Canada, March 21, 1997.
- Cartan-Lie Seminar, Computer Science Department, University of Pennsylvania,
November 1, 1996.
- Geometry/Analysis Seminar, Northeastern University, Boston, October
- Geometry-Topology Seminar, Mathematics Department, University of Pennsylvania,
October 3, 1996.
- Geometry/Analysis Seminar, Courant Institute, New York, September 13,
- Analysis and Applied Math Seminar, Yale University, April 17, 1996.
- Mathematics Colloquium, Dartmouth College, February 1, 1996.