Procedures for Registering
- Apply to take the FE Exam with the Alaska State Board of Registration for Architects, Engineers, and Land Surveyors (AELS Board) at http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/occ/pael4.htm and pay the application fee before the DEADLINE set by AELS. You will find the application, exam schedule, and more information under the "Applicants & Registrants" header on the left side of the screen.
- The exam is given twice a year, once in April and once in October. **You must have 75% of your course work completed in order to apply. This is about 99 credits of the approximate 132 required credits for your degree.**
- Add your name to the FE Exam log in on the clip board in the School of Engineering main office (201) or send an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, student ID#, and major. We will then send a confirmation letter to the State AELS Board verifying that you have completed 75% of your coursework.
- If your application has been approved by the State AELS Board, they will mail you a letter with instructions on how to register to take the FE exam with NCEES, the company who administers the exam. You will then register and pay the exam fee at the NCEES website PRIOR to the deadline. **Please note, the NCEES deadline is NOT the same as the AELS deadline.
- Scores from the exam are mailed to you from the State AELS Board.
Dates & Deadlines
For the October 27, 2012 examination date the application deadline is August 1, 2012.
For the April 13, 2013 examination date the application deadline is January 30, 2013.
For further information please contact:
Alaska Board of Architects, Engineers, & Surveyors
p: 907-465-2540, f:907-465-2974