You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Difficult Parent Conversations: Do's and Don'ts for Educators
by Kathleen McCoy |
The UAA Division of Student Development will host a live audio conference entitled "Difficult Parent Conversations: Do's and Don'ts for Educators" on Wednesday, November 28 from 9 to 10 a.m. in the Lyla Richards Conference Room in the Student Union.
Difficult parent conversations are one of the most challenging and intimidating tasks that educators deal with on a regular basis. There are proven words and techniques for dealing with difficult parents when delivering bad news about grades, behavior and more. Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
• How to deliver bad news: Grades, behavior and more
• What triggers conflicts with parents and how to stop it before it starts
• Tactics that help control and defuse difficult situations
• Specific words and phrases you should and shouldn't use
• How to prepare faculty and staff for an increase in parent involvement