Office of the Chancellor
Chancellor Cathy Sandeen
Dr. Cathy Sandeen is an educational leader who is committed to providing opportunity for more Alaskans to earn degrees and credentials through strategic innovation. She began serving as chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage in September 2018.
UAA’s core missions are excellence, student success and workforce development. With campuses in Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak, Palmer, Soldotna and Valdez, as well as Middle Colleges for high school students in Anchorage, Palmer and Eagle River, UAA is Alaska’s largest postsecondary institution.
Expedited Program Review Update
UAA is undertaking an expedited program review to meet new fiscal realities resulting from state budget cuts. Recommendations from deans and the provost on academic program changes, including continuation, revision or deletion, are now posted on the status page. This review is an ongoing process, leading to final decisions from the Board of Regents at its June 2020 meeting. For details on the process, timeline and feedback opportunities, visit uaa.alaska.edu/expeditedprogramreview.
The University of Alaska is partnering with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services in response to the outbreak of COVID-19, also known as coronavirus disease 2019. Our health and emergency management teams are monitoring the status of the outbreak and are reporting back to university leaders so we can be prepared if COVID-19 directly affects our students or employees. UA coronavirus information.
- April 2020
- March 2020
- March 28: What the new state health mandates mean for UAA
- March 27: Chancellor to entire UAA Community, thank you
- March 23: Chancellor decisions posted for expedited program and administrative reviews
- March 21: What does "Hunker Down" order mean for UAA
- March 21: Alternate Course Delivery begins March 23
- March 20: COVID-19 updates for campus buildings, technology and remote work
- March 16: COVID-19 updates for campus events and UAA Community
- March 15: COVID-19 update to UA Travel Policy
- March 12: Update on UA's COVID-19 response
- March 9: UAA Budget Reduction Update
- March 5: Coronavirus update
- March 4: Community Listening Session for Expedited Program & Administrative Review Scheduled for March 11
- February 2020
- February 28: John Nofsinger to serve as interim dean of CBPP
- February 25: Expedited Program Review Deans' Recommendations
- February 19: Just the Facts: Chancellor answers questions about expedited program reviews
- February 18: Expedited program review update
- February 6: Administrative review update
- February 5: Just the Facts: Chancellor Sandeen answers questions about tuition
- January 2020
- Sept. 30: Just the Facts #4: Chancellor’s update on 9/26 NWCCU letter
- Sept. 28: Chancellor Sandeen responds to 9/26 NWCCU letter
- Sept. 23: Academic Review process underway
- Sept. 17: Just the Facts #3 with Chancellor Sandeen
- Sept. 13: Board of Regents clarifies stance on restructuring effort
- Sept. 10: UA Regents to review strategic approach for university's integration Sept. 12–13
- Aug. 21: Just the Facts #2 with Chancellor Sandeen
- Aug. 20: Regents unanimously vote to terminate declaration of financial exigency
- Aug. 14: Chancellor Sandeen responds to agreement between Governor, UA leadership
- Aug. 7: Just the Facts #1 with Chancellor Sandeen
- July 30: Regents direct university administration to consolidate, seek single accreditation
Visit the UAA Budget web page for additional updates.