Student Financial Assistance
The Office of Student Financial Assistance strives to make a significant and positive difference in the lives of students through quality customer service that meets their educational needs, and the efficient processing and delivery of financial aid.Review the Financial Aid Checklist
- In August, you may be able to charge your textbooks to your student account - find out more at the UAA Bookstore website.
- Financial Aid Disbursement Begins on August 19th for the Fall 2016 semester. Please refer to the "Refund and Disbursement" section of our FAQ website for additional details.
- Alaska Performance Scholarship award amounts cannot be finalized until after the add/drop deadline, Sept. 9th 5 p.m. Expect disbursement to begin Sept. 12th. For information regarding eligibility criteria visit ACPE's website. You can monitor your status in the Alaska Student Aid Portal (ASAP) account.
- Enrollment effects financial aid award amounts! Initial awards are generated using estimated enrollment until the add/drop date has passed. Actual enrollment and costs will then be reevaluated to determine if you must repay or receive additional funding. Visit our "Cost of Attendance" webpage for additional details.
1st Day of UAA Classes - Aug. 29th
Are you ready?
View "Financial Aid Checklist"
Financial Planning Resources
Making the decision to pursue a degree is a big step, and there are many factors to consider when choosing where to enroll. The following resources are available to assist with comparing cost, financial assistance, and outcomes.
- Created and hosted by the U.S. Department of Education
- Compare information on cost, retention rates, and other critical data
- Provided according to degree level (undergraduate/graduate)
- Based on average cost for tuition and fees, books and supplies, housing and food, transportation, and personal expenses
- Data is an estimate only, as each student's expenses will depend on many variables, including living arrangements
- Students whose actual expenses exceed their estimates can submit a Cost of Attendance/Budget Adjustment form
- Estimates your cost and financial aid, according to the info you provide
- Currently only available for undergraduate programs
- Available to student who complete the FAFSA and have applied to UAA
- Provides clear, concise information on cost, financial aid, retention and graduation, and average debt information per career
- Designed by the U.S. Department of Education
- Easily compare cost and aid offers for schools you are considering
- Access your UAA Shopping Sheet by logging into UAOnline > Financial Aid > UAA > Federal Shopping Sheet