Summer Semester Disbursement Details
Release of summer financial aid to student accounts will begin the week of May 15th, once Spring 2017 grades and "Satisfactory Academic Progress" (SAP) have been checked.
Stay connected with your status on UAOnline! You should be checking to make sure all of your grades have been submitted and that you remain in an eligible status with SAP. We will also be checking for "unofficial withdrawals" or students who were unable to complete any classes successfully, to determine if they earned 100% of federal financial aid released to them during the semester. Need more information on this topic? Follow this link to the "Total Withdrawal" policy information.
Summer 2017 ADD/DROP Deadline Reminder
Don't FORGET! May 30th at 5 pm is the deadline to drop all "10 week" and "First 5 week" session summer classes and receive 100% refund. If you have received federal financial aid prior to this date, 100% of these funds will be returned to the federal programs. This date is also referred to as the "financial aid census date" - For grants like the Federal Pell Grant, the SEOG, and UA Grant, your eligibility is determined based on enrollment as of the "census date". Any classes added after that date will not increase grant eligibility. Additional answers to your summer aid questions can be found on the following site: "Summer Aid FAQ"
Graduating in May?
If you graduate, withdraw or drop below half-time registration status, and you have borrowed a Federal Direct student loan, you are REQUIRED to complete Exit Loan Counseling requirement. There are several options to take care of this step, for additional information, view our Exit Loan Counseling resource page.
Don't be LATE for Fall 2017!
New Students: Fill out the 2017/2018 FAFSA NOW! To check the status of a submitted FAFSA or to apply for additional resources, follow our UAA Financial Aid Checklist below. To review your eligibility and award amounts for State of Alaska programs, such as the Alaska Performance Scholarship and the Alaska Education Grant, please login to the myAlaska – ACPE Student Aid Portal as these awards will not be reflected on your UAA award letter, until we receive notice from the State.View "Financial Aid Checklist"
Continuing Students: For students who have already completed a 2017/2018 FAFSA, UAA must wait until you complete Spring 2017 to accurately determine your federal aid eligibility for next year. We will start determining what types and how much financial aid you are eligible for in early June, once Spring 2017 grades and "Satisfactory Academic Progress" have been checked. Occasionally, additional documentation is required to determine your eligibility. If this happens, missing items will be listed on UAOnline and you will receive an email notification to take action.
UAA Summer Classes Begin May 22nd
FULL 10 WEEK Session
First 5 WEEK Session
Second 5 WEEK Session
|May 22 - Aug 5||May 22 - Jun 26||Jun 29 - Aug 5|
*See "Summer 2017 ADD/DROP Deadline Reminder" under "Important Announcements"
Are you ready?
Financial Planning Resources
Making the decision to pursue a degree is a big step, and there are many factors to consider when choosing where to enroll. The following resources are available to assist with comparing cost, financial assistance, and outcomes.
- Created and hosted by the U.S. Department of Education
- Compare information on cost, retention rates, and other critical data
- Provided according to degree level (undergraduate/graduate)
- Based on average cost for tuition and fees, books and supplies, housing and food, transportation, and personal expenses
- Data is an estimate only, as each student's expenses will depend on many variables, including living arrangements
- Students whose actual expenses exceed their estimates can submit a Cost of Attendance/Budget Adjustment form
- Estimates your cost and financial aid, according to the info you provide
- Currently only available for undergraduate programs
- Available to student who complete the FAFSA and have applied to UAA
- Provides clear, concise information on cost, financial aid, retention and graduation, and average debt information per career
- Designed by the U.S. Department of Education
- Easily compare cost and aid offers for schools you are considering
- Access your UAA Shopping Sheet by logging into UAOnline > Financial Aid > UAA > Federal Shopping Sheet