You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
How to Apply for Housing
UAA no longer requires students to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to live in student housing. For more information about immunization requirements, please refer to the Residence Life Immunization Policy
Requirements for Living in UAA's Residential Community
Any student age 18 or older can apply for campus housing. Students ages 16-17 who are admitted to UAA may apply for housing, but will require a parent/guardian signature as a part of their Housing Agreement.
Students must be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credits each semester in the fall and spring semesters for undergraduates and three (3) credits each semester for graduate students in order to live on campus. Students moving in during the summer sessions must be registered in three (3) credits over the course of the summer. As the Residence Life community is a scholastic environment, resident students are expected to make academic progress throughout the school year.
At this time, UAA does not have family housing and cannot accommodate non-student spouses, partners or children. For more information about finding housing off campus in Anchorage, please see the Guide to Living Off-Campus.
How to Apply
Students can access online housing applications through UAOnline
Steps to apply:
- Log in to UAOnline
- Choose Student Services and Account Information
- Choose Campus Housing, Dining and Post Office
- Choose UAA Campus Housing and Dining
- From your Housing Self-Service page, click on the Applications and Forms button and choose the application or form for the semester you plan to enter housing.
- Once you pay the application fee and deposit, your application will be complete
Availability of housing applications on UAOnline:
- Early applications for an upcoming academic year open in January.
- Late applications for an upcoming academic year are available after August 1st.
- Applications for spring semester open in October.
- Applications for summer sessions open in March.
Application Fees and Deposit
All students must pay an application fee and refundable* deposit at the time they apply for housing.
|Non-refundable Application Fee for fall applications submitted on or before August 1||$60|
|Non-refundable Late Application Fee for fall applications submitted after August 1||$75|
|Application Fee for spring-only or summer-only housing||$60|
Students must uphold the terms of the Housing Agreement in order for the deposit to be refunded.
Once a student has moved into the UAA residential community, they will have the opportunity in the spring to renew their Housing Agreement for the following academic year during the annual Intentions Period. If students renew their agreements, they do not need to pay the application fee or deposit again and housing deposits will roll forward each academic year that the student resides on campus. If students do not renew their agreements during the Intentions Period, they'll need to reapply for campus housing and pay the application fee and deposit again.