You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
UAA Online Bookstore and Seawolf Store
Ordering Textbooks is Completely Online
Select from New, Used, E-book, Rental, and Marketplace Options
Beginning with the Fall 2020 Term, UAA introduced a new service for online textbook ordering.
Created in partnership with Akademos, Inc. and powered by TextbookX, the Online Bookstore simplifies the textbook process for students while providing them with a variety of physical and digital textbook formats. The UAA Online Bookstore operates completely online and can be visited at uaa.textbookx.com. Starting Spring 2022, students will be able to find and order books for all UAA campuses (Anchorage, Mat-Su, KPC, Kodiak, and PWSC).
- February 28: Bookstore open for summer orders
- April 16: Student account charges open
- June 26: Student account charges close
- April 18: Bookstore open for fall orders
- July 25: Student account charges open
- September 11: Student account charges close
What's in it for students?
Login with your UA username and password to view a personalized, easy-to-use page with all your UAA courses, required materials, and pricing options. The online bookstore offers:
- A quick ordering process – complete your purchase in 5 minutes!
- New, used, e-book, and rental textbook options
- An average savings of 60% off list price when shopping the Marketplace
- Price match guarantee on all new books
- Year-round Customer Experience team with 24/7 support at the beginning of every spring and fall term
- Option to post and sell any textbook on the website's Marketplace - you name the price
- Ability to pay for textbooks via your Student Account
Please note: Shipping times to Alaska are estimated to be 8 - 10 days. Students are advised to register early for their courses and order their textbooks no later than 2-3 weeks before the start of the semester. E-books and access codes will be delivered by email and available in your online bookstore e-library.
Five days prior to the start of class, the Online Bookstore will only display the eBook format if it is available for an adopted textbook. This was determined by Akademos and UAA to support student success by highlighting low-cost digital options available to students almost immediately after purchase. Course materials that are not available in an online or e-book format will still be available in print/physical format. If you prefer print books, you must place your order prior to the E-book Prioritization date.
Students registered with Disability Support Services who need a physical format textbook as a reasonable accommodation should contact Disability Support Services.
Contact the Bookstore's Customer Service team: UAA.TextbookX.com/Help
- Track: Check on the delivery status of your order
- Returns: Need to return a book? Begin the return process here
- FAQ: Other questions? Visit our FAQ page or check out our Help Videos
- Student account charges questions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student ordering guide
- How to locate your e-library, where to find your e-books
- Inclusive Access:
- What is Inclusive Access and how to opt out
- Inclusive Access FAQ
- Billing: Inclusive Access (IA) materials are automatically charged to the student's account. If you drop the class or opt out of using IA materials before the Add/Drop date, a refund will be automatically posted to the student account. If you have any questions about IA refunds, please email email@example.com
Paying for your Textbooks
You have two options for paying for course materials: Pay out of pocket or charge your student account.
Charge to your Student Account
Purchases completed using a student account charge limit will be charged to your student account. Payment for any and all bookstore charges on your student account is due by the payment deadline and is subject to the same late fees as tuition, fees, and housing. Only course materials listed as Required can be charged to your student account.
Title IV Authorization
Unless authorization is received, federal financial aid (Title IV) cannot be used to cover non-institutional charges such as TextbookX charges (books). If you would like to have these items placed on your account, you must complete the Title IV Authorization Form. For more information, please visit the UAA Office of the Bursar website.
- Register for an Anchorage-campus class
- Be enrolled at UAA as a degree-seeking student (admitted to a degree / certificate program)
- Have no financial holds on your student account
If you had not registered yet or need to fix your admissions or financial status, you will receive the charge limit email and balance the next day after your status is updated. This notification email is sent to your university email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). The charge limit will also show in the online bookstore when you login, even if for some reason you did not receive the email.
If you believe you should have received a charge limit and have not received an email the next day after resolving your eligibility above, please email email@example.com.
Pay out of Pocket
If you wish to pay for your books and supplies out of pocket, select "Use a credit or debit card". We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Paypal or G Pay.
Faculty can use the bookstore portal to submit their course materials in advance of each semester. Please, login to the employee intranet for a full list of resources.
For t-shirts, hoodies, hats, and other UAA gear, as well as gifts and school supplies including Alaska books, nursing scrubs, and lab gear, visit the Seawolf Store online or on-campus.
The Seawolf Store is inside the Alaska Airlines Center at 3550 Providence Drive, Anchorage AK 99508. We're open Monday through Friday from 12:00 to 6:00 pm.
For questions about UAA and Seawolf gear, please call us at 907-786-1194 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org