Ordering Textbooks is Completely Online
All courses, required materials, and pricing options are displayed in a personalized, easy-to-use page when you log in with your student account. The online bookstore offers:
- A quick ordering process – complete your purchase in 5 minutes!
- New, used, e-book, and rental textbook options
- Price match guarantee on all new books
- Year-round Customer Experience team with 24/7 support at the beginning of every spring and fall term
- Guaranteed buyback and instant bid offers for select textbooks at the end of the term
You can purchase physical materials and books and have them shipped to your home or on-campus residence address. E-books and access codes will be delivered by email and available in your online bookstore e-library. Shipping times to Alaska are estimated to be at least 8-10 days. Finalize your class registration early and order textbooks as soon as possible to ensure you have access to the best and most affordable options and that your order will arrive on time.
E-books Prioritized after August 14
The Bookstore also sells e-books for some classes. Classes that have an online or e-book option will only display the e-book format for purchase after August 14. Course materials that are not available in an online or e-book format will still be available in physical format. This will help ensure that you have your materials on the day your class begins. If you are someone who prefers print books, you must place your order by August 14.
Students registered with Disability Support Services who need a physical format textbook as a reasonable accommodation should contact Disability Support Services.
- Log in to the UAA Bookstore with your UA account
- Select textbooks and materials
- Check out
- Books are shipped!
Looking for Seawolf Gear?
Seawolf branded gear is available on our Seawolf Gear shop. Get the latest UAA swag and show your Seawolf spirit!
Textbook Charge Limits, Student Accounts and Financial Aid
Students have two options for paying for course materials.
Pay out of pocket
If you wish to pay for your books and supplies out of pocket, you may do so at any time by choosing those payment options at checkout. Go to https://uaa.textbookx.com/, add the items you need to your cart, and checkout. If you see a student account charge limit amount, simply ignore it and do not apply it to your purchase.
Charge to your UAA Student Account
- Register for an Anchorage-campus class
- Be enrolled at UAA as a degree-seeking student (admitted to a degree / certificate program)
- Have no financial holds on your student account
Most students in that status received charge codes on August 3 via email and in the online bookstore. If you had not registered yet or need to fix your admissions or financial status, you will receive the charge limit email and balance the next day after your status is updated. This notification email is sent to your university email address (email@example.com). The charge limit will also show in the online bookstore when you login, even if for some reason you did not receive the email.
If you believe you should have received a charge limit and have not received an email the next day after resolving your eligibility above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Charge
To charge books and supplies to your UAA student account:
- At checkout, choose your student account charge limit code to apply to your purchase
- Most forms of financial aid are limited to pay for required course materials. It is for this reason that most student account charge limits can only be applied to required materials, not those marked as optional.
- After the purchase is complete, staff at UAA will take the receipt and charge your UAA student account appropriately within 3 business days.
- If you receive financial aid, some or all of your charges may be covered by that aid
depending on the type of aid, the type of charge, and the timing of the process (before
or after aid disburses).
- For more details about student accounts visit UAA Accounting Services.
After the expiration date of your charge limit you can still purchase materials, but will need to do so out of pocket.