You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Graduate Education at UAA
Innovation, Creativity, and Research
The University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) Graduate School offers 6 doctoral and more than 20 Master's degree programs, and 9 graduate certificate programs. UAA offers cooperative/collaborative graduate programs with the University of Alaska Fairbanks, the University of Washington Medical School, Idaho State University, East Carolina University, and Creighton University. The Graduate School enrolls over 600 students in graduate studies from all 50 states, U.S. territories, and around the world.
Start your Application
Masters and doctoral programs are available for students who have already completed a bachelor's degree. UAA offers graduate programs in the sciences, engineering, occupational therapy, project management, social work, education and more.
Financial Aid and Funding
At UAA, many graduate students receive financial aid to help them complete their graduate studies. Some students are awarded assistantships in teaching or research which cover much of the cost of their education.
Graduate Funding Opportunities
The American Indian Graduate Center offers scholarships and fellowships that fund graduate and professional degrees.
Dates, Deadlines, and Events
Many dates and deadlines important to grad students are also on the Registration website. The following dates are specific to graduate students only.
- May 20: Rachel Gingras, MS Candidate in Biological Sciences Thesis Defense. See Thesis webpage calendar for more details.
- May 23: Deadline to enroll in graduate assistant health insurance for summer.
- May 26: Michael Covone, PhD Candidate in Clinical-Community Psychology Dissertation Defense. See Thesis webpage calendar for more details.
- June 3: Amy Kirkland, UAF PhD Candidate in Biology Dissertation Defense. See Thesis webpage calendar for more details.
- June 6: Tracy Stewart, PhD Candidate in Clinical-Community Psychology Dissertation Defense. See Thesis webpage calendar for more details.
- June 24: Vanessa Muhlenbruch, MS Candidate in Biological Sciences Thesis Defense. More information to follow.
- June 30: Lindsay Wienkers, MS Candidate in Biological Sciences Thesis Defense. More information to follow.
- July 1: Deadline to register for independent and directed studies; practicum, internship, research, thesis, and open-entry courses, and continuous registration
- July 8: Amanda Zuelke, MS Candidate in Biological Sciences Thesis Defense. More information to follow.
- July 10: Deadline to submit Thesis, Dissertation, or Project Title Pages for approval for summer graduation.
- July 11 - 15: Creative Writing and Literary Arts Thesis Defense Colloquia. More information to follow.
Office of the Graduate School
- Dean's Welcome Message
Welcome to the UAA Graduate School! You have joined an exclusive community of learners and scholars excited to work with you. Your application was carefully reviewed and you were admitted for a reason. Your knowledge, skills, and commitment to academic advancement are compelling. Rest assured - you belong in the UAA Graduate School community!
Beginning your journey in Graduate School can sometimes bring apprehension. Worries about not fitting in, angst over not having what it takes to succeed, even fear of failure may weigh on your mind. The truth is - your fears are shared by others and UAA professors are here to help you dispel any doubts about your ability to succeed. UAA professors are exceptional in their dedication to student success.
The UAA community of learning is truly like no other and the relationships you develop in Graduate School will last a lifetime. Small class sizes help you create close bonds with peers ensuring a graduate school experience that goes beyond in-school academics. For those interested in a personal mentor, the Seawolf Mentor program pairs you with an alumni mentor in your field of study who has the experience and professional network of colleagues to help you navigate school and find the career you seek.
Resources abound for UAA graduate students through academic support, tutoring, health and mental wellness, scholarships, and more. We, at the Graduate School, are here to support your success so please reach out to us with any question or need. It is our privilege to serve you in this important time of your life!
Dean Mary Jo Finney
Monday through Friday: 9am-5pm
UAA Graduate School
3211 Providence Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508