DOD offers Career Advancement Grants for active-duty spouses

by Kathleen McCoy  |   

The Department of Defense is now awarding spouses of active duty and activated reserve/guard military members Career Advancement Account grants. These grants provide up to $6,000 financial assistance for education and training in portable careers.

A wide range of UAA programs, especially those in the Career and Technical College, are applicable for these grants. To learn about the program go to MyCAA at Students can also contact the Military OneSource consultants at (800) 342-9647 to discuss a career plan.

Students who have obtained a MyCAA grant must forward a copy of the form to UAA at Include in the forwarding e-mail your UAA student ID number. Your payment cannot be processed without your UAA ID number. If possible send your form with a "red receipt requested" to insure delivery. When loading courses to the Military OneSource site please be sure to include the course CRN and the correct course name.

Creative Commons License "DOD offers Career Advancement Grants for active-duty spouses " is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.