Bristol Bay Region (AVS)
SAFETY ALERT: If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you feel unsafe while viewing information on this page, click the Site Safety Exit button or press ESC on your keyboard to immediately exit the site. Find Alaska resources in your area.
Note: Clicking the Site Safety Exit button (or pressing ESC) brings up a Google search page so that it’s not immediately noticeable to an abuser that the user has been visiting our site. However, using the button will not clear our site from the user’s browser history or from the "back" button
Bristol Bay Region
The 2011 Alaska Victimization Survey for the Bristol Bay Region was conducted from April to June 2011, and results were released on October 12, 2011 in Dillingham. Findings include:
- Over 50% of adult women in the Bristol Bay Region have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence or both, in their lifetime;
- Nearly 15% have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence or both, in the past year;
- 3 out of every 10 adult women in the Bristol Bay Region have experienced sexual violence in their lifetime; and
- 4 out of every 10 have experienced intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
- Victimization survey results show over half of the adult women in the Bristol Bay
region have experienced intimate partner violence or sexual violence
Oct 12, 2011 — UAA Justice Center Blog