Academic Coaching Center
Sally Monserud Hall, Room 114
Jan. 16th - Apr. 27th
Monday - Thursday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
Last Day of operation this spring: Friday, Apr. 27th
CLOSED: Spring Break, March 12-16th
Resources for Students
Resources for Employees
The Academic Coaching Center helps students develop effective academic skills, gain confidence, increase motivation, and earn better grades. Coaching is offered in individual sessions with a peer coach and through group workshops.
Peer academic coaches
Are available to help students:
- Develop study skills
- Practice effective reading and learning strategies based on subject/course
- Create a study plan
- Improve time management skills
- Increase motivation to reach short-term and long-term academic goals
- Learn appropriate testing strategies based on subject/course
- Connect with other academic resources available on the UAA campus
Academic Coaching appointments are usually scheduled as 45-minutes sessions. You can schedule one appointment or a series of regular appointments with a coach, depending on your individual need. Coaching is offered by appointment or on a drop-in basis. Stop by and see us!
The Academic Coaching Center accepts requests from employees to put on workshops in the topics of study skills, time management or reading strategies. A minimum of five attendees is required. Please submit your workshop request through the link under Resources for Employees, and we will schedule with a coach to deliver your request!