Academic Coaching Center
Sally Monserud Hall, Room 114
Mondays - Thursdays
9AM - 3PM
Saturdays & Sundays
Sept. 2nd (Labor Day)
Nov. 27-30th (Thanksgiving)
Dec. 14- Jan. 13th (Winter Break)
Jan. 20th (MLK Jr. Day)
Mar. 7-14th (Spring Break)
May 2nd-17th (Intercession)
The Academic Coaching Center helps students develop effective academic skills, gain confidence, increase motivation, and earn better grades. Coaching is offered in individual sessions with a peer coach and through group workshops.
Peer academic coaches
Are available to help students:
- Develop study skills
- Use and understand Blackboard, the UA Email system, and various other computer programs used in UA classes
- Create a study plan
- Improve time management skills
- Increase motivation to reach short-term and long-term academic goals
- Learn appropriate testing strategies based on subject/course
- Practice effective reading and learning strategies based on subject/course
- Connect with other academic resources available on the UAA campus
Academic Coaching sessions are drop-in during open hours and are first-come first-served. Stop by and see us.
The Academic Coaching Center accepts requests from employees to put on workshops in the topics of Communication for College and Notetakeing & Reading Strategies. A minimum of five attendees is required. Please contact the Information Desk at 907.786.6890 for more information.