University of Alaska Anchorage campus will be closed September 24, 2021 beginning at 6:40 AM, due to weather. Students and employees should check their email for more information. The university will remain closed for the weekend and reopen on Monday morning.
The Alaska Airlines Center will be open Saturday, September 25, for the home volleyball match that afternoon.
Chemical Safety Committee
The Chemical Safety Committee is responsible for overseeing all uses of chemicals on the UAA campus. This committee reviews safety procedures and ensures compliance with the UAA Chemical Hygiene Plan (see Laboratory policies link below for current plan).
UAA Requirements for Lab Safety
Before Purchasing Chemicals: If a Principal Investigator (PI) or their designee need chemicals for their research or class, contact Marcy Marino, Chemical Safety Officer, at (907) 786-1279 or email@example.com.
Training: All UAA employees teaching or conducting research in any UAA laboratory that has biological, chemical, radiological or physical hazards must be trained appropriately. All UAA employees teaching or conducting research in any non-chemical laboratory must also have appropriate training. Laboratory training forms are accessible for download from the lower left-hand side of the Forms and Templates page on the EHSRMS website.
EHSRMS Helpful Links
- Laboratory policies at UAA for UAA's Research Lab Policy, Laboratory Hazardous Waste Policy, Radioactive Waste Policy, and other laboratory polices.
- American Chemical Society’s publications: (Scroll down to College)
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories: Accident Prevention for College and University Students, Vol. 1, 7th Ed.
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories: Accident Prevention for Faculty and Administrators, Vol. 2, 7th Ed.
- "Safety for Introductory Chemistry Students" Brochure
- OSHA Laboratory Standard
- OSHA Hazard Communication Standard