University of Alaska Anchorage campus will be closed September 24, 2021 beginning at 6:40 AM, due to weather. Students and employees should check their email for more information. The university will remain closed for the weekend and reopen on Monday morning.
The Alaska Airlines Center will be open Saturday, September 25, for the home volleyball match that afternoon.
UAA Media Room
- June 30: UAA College of Health receives four-year grant to advance behavioral health education across Alaska
- June 22: Business leaders donate $1M to College of Business and Public Policy
- June 3: UAA gymnastics meets fundraising threshold for reinstatement of 2021-22 season
- May 20: UAA says it’s back to campus for students this fall
- May 19: UAA announces largest estate gift in university history
- April 28: UAA to graduate more than 1,000 students this spring
- April 16: New UAA scholarships support first-time and returning students
- April 14: College of Business and Public Policy earns AACSB accreditation extension
- Jan. 15: Board of Regents reinstates Alpine skiing
We encourage credentialed media to use our high-res images in UAA-related news coverage. Please include required image credits where indicated. High-res images for media use are available in the UAA Photo Bank.
Interim Director of Public Relations
(907) 786-1296 office | (907) 350-6673 cell
If you're a journalist who would like to receive future media releases from UAA University Relations, please email Austin Osborne to sign up.UAA Event Calendar
To find unique story ideas, we encourage journalists to follow UAA on social media: