Chart your course to a rewarding career
Why attend the UAA Community & Technical College?
In a word: jobs!
CTC prepares our graduates for high-demand and high-wage occupations across many key industries. With a certificate or degree from a CTC program, you will graduate ready to work for key Alaskan companies. Don’t wait years to build a career; visit campus to see more, or apply today!
By the numbers:
- 6 baccalaureate degrees, 13 associate degrees
- 5 certificate programs and 4 minors
- Nearly 1,000 students, 250 full and part time faculty and staff
- 9 Industry Advisory Boards, a “Who’s Who” of Alaskan industry
- 30+ scholarships for degree-seeking students
4 Student Success Coaches — Your “go-to” person at UAA
Not every student can attend classes on campus!
CTC offers several programs fully, or largely, online to accommodate students' busy lives:
- Applied Technologies Leadership (core classes fully online; some require synchronous participation during scheduled class meeting times)
- Construction Management (some classes available in synchronous distance format, others available in asynchronous online format)
- Occupational Safety & Health (course fully online)
In addition, our academic departments of Communication, Quantitative Studies, and Writing offer online versions of many pre-GER and GER classes (e.g., COMM, MATH, WRTG).
Contact your Student Success Advisor or First Year Advisor for assistance!