You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
UAA is one of a select number of colleges and universities to receive Community Engagement classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The classification recognizes UAA for its community engagement, curricular engagement, and outreach and partnership practices, and commends us for demonstrating "excellent alignment between mission, culture, leadership, resources,and practices that support dynamic and noteworthy higher educational community engagement."
UAA was one of only 62 institutions in the original classification selection in 2006 to be classified under both curricular engagement, and outreach and partnerships criteria. This classification was renewed in 2015, and we are now one of 361 institutions holding this distinction. In a Letter to UAA, the Carnegie Foundation announced this classification and commended UAA for its exemplary practices and compellingly presented evidence.
UAA Carnegie Classification
- Basic Type: Master's Colleges and Universities (larger programs)
- Special Classification: Community Engagement Classification
- Size and Setting: Large four-year, primarily non-residential
- Enrollment Profile: Very high undergraduate
- Undergraduate Profile: Medium full-time four-year, selective, higher transfer-in
- Undergraduate Instructional Program: Balanced arts and sciences / professions, some graduate coexistence
- Graduate Instructional Program: Post baccalaureate comprehensive