The University of Alaska Anchorage, Office of Institutional Research (UAA-IR) works to enhance transparency and access to data for UAA. A major part of this delivery is the UAA-IR Dashboard System which provide answers to many questions including enrollment, degrees/certificates awarded and demographics. We encourage UAA community members to start their data request process with the available dashboards.
- Principles and Guidelines
As a matter of practice, UAA-IR has established the following principles and guidelines to best support the long-term ad-hoc data needs of the UAA Community.
- Data may be requested by UAA Faculty or Staff. Requesters are responsible for the resulting information and its protection from misuse or unauthorized release while conforming to existing federal, state and institutional policy relating to the data.
- Information provided will be drawn from official university sources. UAA-IR is typically unable to access data not integrated into the UAA or UA data system. Exceptions will be addressed on a case by case basis.
- UAA IR is unable to make corrections to official university data. UAA-IR will make all reasonable efforts to support users in contacting the appropriate office that can make corrections to official university data.
- Data considered protected, classified or restricted (e.g. individual student, sensitive, personal or health data) is not available.
- Data must be used only for the intended purpose of the request and may not re-used/disclosed for undocumented purposes.
- Requests in support of research activities (as defined by statue and determined by the UA Institutional Review Board) must include IRB approval or documentation of non-research determination before release.
- Due to the nature and volume of requests, IR asks that users first visit the UAA-IR Dashboard System prior to making an ad-hoc request.
- Data requests are addressed and returned as quickly as possible. UAA-IR reporting volumes do fluctuate and, as such, UAA-IR asks that users plan ahead and request data at least 14 business days prior to their requested due date. Accreditation related data requires request submission at least one month prior to the requested due date.
- Data request prioritization is as follows:
- Federal, State, UAA Executive Leadership, legally and contractually required external/internal reporting functions
- MAU and System operational data and data with financial, safety or operational implications
- External reporting requests and data needs, research and operational support inquiries
- Individual student requests or access to systems are not typically supported. Instructors and major professors are encouraged to contact UAA-IR directly with specific requests.
While this is not an exhaustive list, UAA-IR appreciates your consideration and understanding in the delivery of ad-hoc requests. For questions, please contact the UAA-IR Director, Dr. Daniel Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information not accessible via the UAA-IR Dashboard System, UAA community members may submit a request for specific data using this form.
If you do not see the form, follow the browser-specific instructions below to log in to Microsoft using your UA credentials (full email address as your username).