Oh The Places You'll Go!
Second Bridge Scholarship Award
is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
--- by Dr.
The Second Bridge Scholarship Award encourages UAA undergraduates enrolled in any degree-seeking program to pursue a structured but non-traditional educational experience that expands their educational horizons. Crossing a second bridge requires a commitment to either an international or a domestic setting that will push the boundaries of traditional education and bring the promise of a richer and deeper experience.
- Design an adventure with an
award of up to $2,000.
- Create a deep, educational experience in a
domestic or international setting.
- Gain experience with an established Non-Governmental
- Apply classroom theory and put it into practice.
- Expand your awareness of community and diversity.
How to Apply:
Deadline: Friday, January 29, 2016
- Download the Second
Bridge Scholarship Award Cover Sheet & Proposal Guidelines document: (pdf fillable) (word)
Printed copies are also available from the CCEL office in LIB 211G.
- Complete the Cover Sheet including obtaining
- Develop a project proposal following the
- Obtain required letters of support from a faculty mentor and a community partner.
- Submit Cover Sheet, Proposal, Letters of
Support to the Center for Community Engagement & Learning (CCEL) by Friday, January 29, 2016.
Need ideas to help get you started with brainstorming your own Second Bridge project?
Download the Second Bridge Potential Project Ideas sheet
Contact for project or award questions:
Judith Owens-Manley, Ph.D.
Director, UAA Center for Community Engagement and Learning (CCEL)
Meet the past award recipients and learn about their projects
2015 Second Bridge Award Recipient - Kyle Worl
2014 Second Bridge Award Recipient - Megan Marquis
2013 Second Bridge Award Recipient - Sarah McHenry
2012 Second Bridge Award Recipient - Rachel Wintz
2011 Second Bridge Award Recipient - Kris Homerding