UAA Health in Action upcoming events
by Kathleen McCoy |
WIN for Alaska will be providing you with Wellness Challenge Workshops, Nutrition Events, Stress Reducing Breathing, Free Body Composition Analyses, Free Cholesterol Checks, and Free Glucose Checks. WIN for Alaska is ready to do department meetings.If you are interested in sponsoring or hosting a staff wellness event, please contact WIN at firstname.lastname@example.org. WIN will come directly to your site.
You must pre-register for your free 10 minute Cholesterol/Glucose and for your free five minute Body Composition Analyses at winforalaska.com/ua. Cholesterol results will be available in five minuets. You will need to fast prior to this test, for accurate test results do not eat or drink anything but water for 12 hours prior to the test. Diabetics should not fast. Prescription medication should be taken. You will receive a reminder email before your test. It is required that at least 24 hours notice be give for cancellations.
- Anchorage - Tuesday, 3/6 - 9:30-10:30am - UC 143
- Anchorage - Thursday, 3/8 - 9:30-10:30am - UC 143
- Anchorage - Friday, 3/9 - 9:30-10:30am - HR Conference Room
- Anchorage - Tuesday, 3/13 - 9:30-10:30am - UC 143
- Anchorage - Wednesday, 3/14 - 9:30-10:30am - UC 114
- Anchorage - Thursday, 3/15 - 9:30-10:30am - UC 143
- Anchorage - Thursday, 3/29 - 9:30-10:30am - Library 302A
- Anchorage - Friday, 3/30 - 9:30-10:30am - RH 110
Upcoming physical events include the Free Body Composition Analyses. Your body composition is a key component of your health and physical fitness profile. You must pre register for Body Composition Events at winforalaska.com/ua
- Anchorage - Tuesday, 3/13 - 12-12:45pm - UC 143
- Anchorage - Friday, 3/16 - 1:45-2:15pm - RH 110
Wellness Challenge Workshops - Learn about the importance of Preventative Screenings. A Nurse, Doctor, or other health care provider will give these presentations. Nutritious snacks will also be provided.
- Anchorage - Wednesday, 3/14 - 11-12pm - UC 114
- Anchorage - Friday, 3/16 - 1-1:45pm - RH 110
The DASH Diet
Anchorage - Friday, 3/2 - 1-1:45pm - Admin 129, HR Conference Room
Nutrition Events - Learn how to follow a path of long-term wellness by being FAD Diet Free. Nutritious snacks will also be provided.
- Anchorage - Tuesday, 3/27 - 1-1:45pm - UC 143
- Anchorage - Thursday, 3/29 - 11:30-12:30pm - Library 302 A
Stress Reduction Events - Stress Reducing Breathing Techniques. Discover how breathing affects your health. Nutritious snacks will be provided.
- Anchorage - Thursday, 3/8 - 12-12:45pm - UC 143
- Anchorage - Friday, 3/16 - 12-12:45pm - RH 110