Air force base access

by Kathleen McCoy  |   

UAA classes on Elmendorf Air Force Base and Fort Richardson are now open for general civilian enrollment. By agreement with the Army and Air Force, UAA reserves space for active duty personnel and their dependents. These courses can be found in the UAA Main Campus listing on UAOnline.
Classes on base and on post require special access permits. Attending classes offered at these locations is a privilege extended by the base and post to UAA students.
Students are reminded they are entering military installations during a time of war. Compliance with all directions of the Army Military Police and the Air Force Security Forces is required while on any installation.
Elmendorf Air Force Base and Fort Richardson require the following for vehicles driven on the installations:
  1. Drivers license, current insurance card, current registration. These are the same items required by the State of Alaska to legally drive a vehicle.
  2. Students at Fort Richardson can stop at the main gate Visitors Center to obtain a pass for each night of class. To obtain a semester long pass, students must contact the UAA office at Fort Richardson prior to the start of semester to complete the base access form. These forms take up to three weeks to process. Call 428-1228 for additional information.
  3. Students at Elmendorf Air Force Base are added to the base access list the day the class starts.  For the first class, stop at the Visitors Center at the Boniface Parkway Gate. Students will be issued a temporary pass. Base access is provided only to registered students. Students may not bring additional civilians on the base. If a student needs to obtain a ride to class on the base, only other students with base access or those holding appropriate military ID may escort them.
  4. Base and Post access is granted only to attend classes at the base and post education centers.  
Creative Commons License "Air force base access" is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.