Higher Education Reauthorization Act of 2008
by Kathleen McCoy |
Monday, Nov. 3, 10-11:30 a.m.
Student Union, Room 206
The Dean of Students Office will offer an audio conference titled "Higher Education Reauthorization Act of 2008: Legislative Changes / Compliance Outlook" on Monday, Nov. 3 from 10-11:30 a.m. in Student Union, Room 206.
Glean a complete overview of the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act and what parts of the legislation will have the greatest impact on your work. Learn how this legislation is minimizing the barriers to postsecondary education access, including how they are making the financial aid application process simpler and more transparent. Explore specific special provisions of the HEA including:
- Assistance and funding for veterans and their families
- Assistance and funding for students with disabilities
- Making college more affordable for low-income and minority students
- Requirements related to campus safety and mental health for student safety
- Requirements regarding peer-to-peer file-sharing
- New regulations for on-campus housing of students
- Advance notice of textbook costs for both institutions and students
- Funding availability for loan borrowers who work in early childhood education
- Funding availability for off-campus community service
Contact Michael Votava at (907) 786-1214 for additional information.
Please R.S.V.P. to Ellie Soto at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate.