"Academic Integrity: A Bridge to Student Ethical Development" A webinar offered Feb. 23
by Kathleen McCoy |
Tuesday, Feb. 23, 9:30 a.m.
Student Union, Lyla Richards Room
The UAA Dean of Students Office invites faculty and staff to attend a webinar titled "Academic Integrity: A Bridge to Student Ethical Development" on Tuesday. The speaker for the webinar will be Gary Pavela, editor of the ASCA Law and Policy Report, a past president of the National Center for Academic Integrity, and author of the widely referenced Model Code of Academic Integrity.
The webinar will address the following questions:
- Why is academic integrity a "core" institutional value?
- What role should students have in protecting and promoting academic integrity?
- Is academic dishonesty a "disciplinary" or "academic" offense?
- How can student development professionals partner with faculty members to use academic integrity policies and programming to promote student ethical development?
- How can we promote and protect academic integrity in on-line classes?