Search committee for the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
by Michelle Saport |
I'm pleased to announce that I have appointed the search committee for the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The search committee includes faculty, staff, administration and student representation. The committee will be co-chaired by two faculty members who have served in critically important leadership roles at UAA in the past, former Faculty Senate president Anne Bridges and former accreditation steering committee co-chair Susan Kalina. The other committee members are:
- Robert Boeckmann, Faculty Senate president-elect; College of Arts & Sciences, faculty
- Jennifer Brock, School of Engineering, faculty
- Sandra Carroll-Cobb, Community & Technical College, faculty
- Talis Colberg, Mat-Su College, staff
- Margaret Draskovich, Kodiak College; College of Health, faculty
- Larry Foster, College of Arts & Sciences, faculty
- Melodee Monson, APT Council, staff
- Megan Olson, Vice Chancellor for Advancement
- Paul Ongtooguk, College of Education, faculty
- Rashmi Prasad, College of Business and Public Policy, faculty
- Steve Rollins, Dean, Consortium Library
- Bill Spindle, Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services
- Andre Thorne, Multicultural Center, staff
- Helena Wisniewski, Vice Provost for Research and Dean of the Graduate School
A student representative will be named shortly after the USUAA spring elections.
We are finalizing arrangements with the search firm that will facilitate the national search for our next provost. The search committee will begin meeting next week.
I'm grateful to our two co-chairs and all who have agreed to serve in these vital roles as members of the search committee. I'm confident this team will do an exceptional job in bringing forward a group of highly qualified candidates for the larger UAA community to meet during the 2012-13 academic year.
Chancellor Tom Case