Arriving in Alaska
When arranging your travel plans please keep the following in mind:
- You may not enter the US on your J or F visa sooner than 30 days prior to the start date of your program.
- Campus housing opens up several days early specifically for international students; however, you must notify housing of your intended arrival time so that there will be somebody there to check you in. You will receive an email with specific dates of when you must be in Anchorage and when housing opens.
- Transportation from the airport to the campus is best accomplished by taxi, Uber or Lyft as bus service is very limited.
When you arrive:
- Upon your arrival go to the UAA library and get your Wolf Card. This is your university ID.
- You will receive an email telling you when you are expected to attend the mandatory check in for international students. This check in is held at the University Center, approximately 1 mile from the main campus. You will need your Wolf Card to ride the UAA shuttle to the University Center.
- You must bring the following documents to the mandatory check in:
- I-20 or DS 2019
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software