Arriving in Alaska
When arranging your travel plans please keep the following in mind:
- You may not enter the US on your J or F visa sooner than 30 days prior to the start date of your program.
- Campus housing opens up several days early specifically for international students; however, you must notify housing of your intended arrival time so there will be somebody there to check you in. You will receive an email with specific dates of when you must be in Anchorage and when housing opens.
- Transportation from the airport to the campus is best accomplished by taxi, Uber or Lyft as bus service is very limited.
When you arrive:
- Upon your arrival go to the UAA library and get your Wolf Card. This is your university ID.
- You will receive an email telling you when you are expected to attend the mandatory check in for international students. This check in will be held on campus at the Allied Health Sciences Building. J students and scholars will meet in Room 108; F-1 students will meet in Room 147. This mandatory orientation starts promptly at 10 am. Please arrive by 9:45 am.
- You must bring the following documents to the mandatory check in:
- Signed I-20 or DS 2019