Leadership Honors are awarded to individuals upon graduation to recognize and honor their leadership contributions to the University of Alaska Anchorage and Anchorage community while maintaining academic excellence. Leadership activities and involvement must promote individual and collective growth, demonstrate increased engagement with the community at UAA and beyond, and showcase commitment to citizenship. Recipients of UAA Leadership Honors are commemorated at the fall or spring commencement ceremony, bestowed crimson honor cords, and receive a permanent notation in their academic transcript.
Spring Commencement 2022
Applications are due on Friday, March 4 at 11:59pm.
- Enrolled in at least three credits at the University of Alaska Anchorage and in good disciplinary standing (at time of application and award).
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA (at time of application).
- Applicants must be graduating in the semester they apply.
- If graduating in summer, must apply in the following fall deadline and submit letter of intent to graduate from academic department. Submit a copy of application for graduation, letter of degree completion with date, or confirmation e-mail.
- Completed e-portfolio
- Demonstrated (on-going) involvement at UAA and/or Anchorage community:
- Applicant's involvement may include memberships with campus groups, coordinating events on campus, or appointments/elected to a leadership position with an organization, committee, or board. (Note: While leadership experiences in campus student employment may be included, leadership must go beyond regular duties of those paid positions.)
- Student's involvement must contribute to the improvement of the community, UAA and beyond (i.e. the student identified a need and filled it; took initiative and made a significant difference by their involvement.)
The Leadership Honors Advisory Committee is appointed by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and composed of two faculty/staff members and two students who are not applying for the honor. The Advisory Committee reviews applicants on the merit of their involvement and how it enhanced student life at UAA and the greater Anchorage community. After review, the Advisory committee sends their recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for final approval.
Complete an e-portfolio as the application for Leadership Honors. Inside the portfolio template, include the following:
- Welcome Page
- About Me
- Leadership Narrative
- Letters of Recommendation
- Certificates and Awards
- Your Story in Pictures
- Graduation Confirmation
To access the template for the Leadership Honors e-portfolio, enroll in the group:
- Log into eWolf
- Select "Courses" from the toolbar menu on the left.
- Select "Join a Course, Assessment Group or Community" at the bottom of the page.
- Search for the "Spring 2022" Seawolf Leadership Honors" course and select it.
- Click "Enroll"
Once you are enrolled in the group, you will be able to see the template that you need to complete for the Leadership Honors e-portfolio.
If you need assistance, please visit the eWolf ePortfolio webpage.
How to Submit?
- Log into eWolf and open the Fall 2021 Seawolf Leadership Honors Portfolio site
- Click on the menu option (upper right corner)
- Select “Submit to Assignment”
- Select the “Final Submission” assignment for the Award
- Select the “All pages” option
- Click on the “Submit” if work is already published or “Publish and Submit” if it isn't