The HESI Exam is administered to University of Alaska students by the Testing Center for admission to the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing degree program. See the UAA School Of Nursing admission requirements for more information.
How do I register for the eXAM?
- Schedule an appointment at the Testing Center at least 24 hours in advance.
- Create a user name and password on Evolve. The user name and password will be used to take your HESI exam on test day.
- Go to the Evolve site and click MY Evolve
- Click on Create Account
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Password and Confirm the password
- Write down your user name and password
- Log out of the site
How much does The Exam cost?
The cost of the HESI Exam is $93.00.
WHere is the exam?
The exam is at the UAA Testing Center at University Center in Anchorage.
What do I need to bring?
- Examinees must present a current UAA or Government issued photo identification to the test proctor during check in.
- Examinees must also know their user name and password to login to Evolve.
What does the test include?
The exam is 4 hours: 35 minutes long and includes:
- English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge
- Basic Math Skills
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Learner Profile
- Learning Styles
Will I be permitted to use a calculator?
Hand held calculators are not permitted. A basic calculator is located at the bottom of the screen and is available for use as needed
Will I receive a report at the end of the test?
A score report will be available immediately after test completion.
How often can I take the test?
Examinees will be permitted to test twice per year, that is once every 6 months.
How do I request an accommodated test?
Arrangements for accommodated testing may be made by emailing or calling the Testing Center at least 48 hours in advance at 907-786-4525.
What if I cannot come to Anchorage to test?
Remote HESI exams are available to students who are unable to physically test at the UAA Testing Center. Remote exams are available throughout Alaska with selected proctors and at Prometric Testing centers throughout the United States.
How do I take the test in Alaska?
- Schedule an appointment with one of the proctors below to take the test in Alaska
(Proctors may charge a fee for their services).
- Register and pay for the test at least 48 hours in advance. The appointment date and time that you select through the UAA registration system must be the same date and time scheduled with the proctor listed below.
How do I take the test outside of Alaska?
- Complete the steps listed above to create a user name and password on the Evolve website.
- Login into your Evolve account and click HESI Student Access
- Next, Click on distance testing and register for a distance exam
- Complete the required information and enter the UAA Distance Testing Department ID: 201357
- Approximately 72 hours after you submit the request, you will receive an e-mail confirmation notice from Elsevier indicating that you may schedule your exam with Prometric. If you do not receive the notice, check your spam/junk e-mail folder. Please review the information contained in your Confirmation Notice. If any of the information is incorrect, or if the information has changed, contact Elsevier Review. Failure to do so could result in forfeiture of your testing appointment and associated fees.
- You will receive your Eligibility ID within 1-3 business days of Elsevier's receipt of your eligibility request.
After you receive the Eligibility ID
- Go to Prometric
- Click schedule my test
- Select test sponsor: Elsevier
- Click schedule my test
- Select country and state
- Click Next
- Review test payment and policy information
- Enter your Eligibility ID and Last 4 letters of your last Name
- Complete the registration