Facilities, Space, and Planning Committee
The Facilities, Space, and Planning Committee (FSPC) is a working team charge with reviewing, discussing, and analyzing physical facility planning and stewardship issues and making recommendations to the Chancellor's Cabinet.
The committee is advisory to the Chancellor's Cabinet. Ex-officio members will serve indefinitely; all others will serve on the committee for a two-year term.
Reflecting FSPC guiding principles, this group has been established to:
- Create effective linkages and relationships between campus planning (strategic, academic, etc.) and capital planning
- Promote transparency and accountability in our priority setting, space, and resource allocation
- Ensure campus participation in facilities decision making processes
More specifically, the charges and expectations of the FSPC include the following:
- Formulate recommendations concerning assignment or reallocation of space at all levels on the basis of campus and program priorities, the strategic and campus master plans, actual utilization, and overall need. Review space management standards and recommend changes to university leadership.
- Create and implement policies and processes for addressing campus needs involving facilities, space, and capital planning.
- Provide overall guidance and leadership on "big picture" issues impacting facilities use and development, including space utilization and planning conducted under the umbrella of UAA's Campus Master Plan.
- Advise the campus administration on the development of university priorities for capital budgeting.
- As needed, provide overall guidance and recommendations to Cabinet on facilities naming, campus wayfinding, and campus art.
- Provide oversight of the Facilities Fee.
|Chris Turletes, Co-Chair||Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities||Facilities & Campus Services|
|Dr. Samuel Gingerich, Co-Chair||Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor||Academic Affairs|
|Dr. Larry Foster||Professor of Mathematics||Colleges & Library|
|Dr. Kanapathi Thiru||Professor of Statistics||Colleges & Library|
|Steve Rollins||Dean of the Consortium Library||Colleges & Library|
|Nancy Hall||Program Coordinator, WWAMI School of Medical Education||Staff Council|
|Sandi Culver||Associate Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services||Administrative Services|
|John Faunce||Director of Facilities Planning & Construction|
|Lonnie Mansell||Facilities Planner|
|Ryan Buchholdt||Sustainability & Business Manager for Facilities|
|Kathleen Murphy||Central Scheduler, Registrar's Office|
|Steven Godfrey||Chair of the Art Department; Art Selection Committee Co-Chair|