On Dec. 11, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
University of Alaska Anchorage
The Facilities & Campus Services website is your one-stop-shop for facilities services.
To report maintenance needs, please call Work Management at 786-6980. After regular hours, please contact UPD at 786-1120.
Facilities & Campus Services' mission is to provide safe, quality, cost effective, and expert support to UAA.
We do this through our departments:
- Planning & Construction: Leads UAA Planning, Design and Construction Project Management, Space Management and Small Projects staff. Manages the Planning, development and execution of the capital projects for Anchorage and the Community campuses (Mat-Su, PWS, KPC, Kodiak). Uses AE support for master planning, design and construction document development. Has a small jobs contractor on contract for immediate delivery of construction services. Manages the University's space and facilities data.
- Maintenance & Operations: Provides Work Management, Building, Electrical, Mechanical and Custodial maintenance services for the Anchorage Campus. Also provides Grounds, Horticultural, Fleet Maintenance and Transportation Services for the Anchorage Campus.
- Environmental Health & Safety and Risk Management Support/Emergency Management (EHSRMS/EM): The purpose of UAA's Environmental Health & Safety and Risk Management Support program is to advocate and champion sound environmental, occupational, employment, and other business practices in order to safeguard the valuable human, property, program, and financial resources of UAA. This department also coordinates UAA's emergency preparedness and planning efforts.
- Sustainability: Provides leadership on energy conservation, communication, and outreach; collaborates with the student sustainability efforts, such as the Green Fee; and develops and tracks sustainability metrics.
News & Outages
For up-to-date information on campus impacts and outages, visit the Facilities Blog.
- Facilities Planning & Construction
- Facilities Maintenance & Operations
- Environmental Health and Safety/Risk Management Support
- Office of Sustainability