Alaska Airlines Ticket Voucher Program
Alaska Airlines has generously donated vouchers to be used for special projects and development at UAA which support the mission of the university. UAA departments are invited to submit a project proposal that could benefit from the use of these tickets. There are two proposal periods each academic year: Fall and Spring.
Alaska Airlines Ticket Voucher Program guidelines
Please consider these expectations and restrictions associated with the Alaska Airlines Ticket Award:
- Vouchers must be ticketed by the designated deadline.
- Tickets are to be used in a manner that results in publicity for Alaska Airlines.
- Tickets are to be used to advance the goals of the University of Alaska Anchorage as well as for fundraising.
- No more than two ticket vouchers will be awarded for any one project.
- Vouchers are valid for round-trip coach Alaska Airlines flights numbered 1-2999, SkyWest Airlines flights 3300-3499, and PenAir flights 3124-3299.
- In-state travel is not preferred.
- Tickets may not be extended to additional legs of a flight once the vouchers have been redeemed for a shorter distance. Any change in travel plans will not be accommodated by Alaska Airlines.
- Preference will be given to programs not previously awarded.
- Once a voucher has been awarded, the recipient must use it in accordance with the proposal or forfeit the voucher back to University Advancement.
- If lost, the voucher will not be reissued.
- Vouchers will be released only upon receipt of the name, address and social security number or UA ID of the passenger.
- If the recipient receives a ticket as a result of a drawing or other prize, they will be issued a 1099 by the University of Alaska Foundation, which may have tax consequences to the recipient.
- Requests for outside conference travel are not likely to be awarded.
- Mileage plan miles cannot be earned or credited.
Please contact University Advancement at email@example.com or 907-786-1288 with any questions regarding the Alaska Airlines Ticket Voucher Program.