On Dec. 11, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
BP Asset Integrity & Corrosion Lab Pricing
- Sponsored research rate: $50/hour
Sponsored research rate applies to University of Alaska entities who wish to utilize AIC Laboratory services as part of a sponsored research project.
- Non-research, external rate: $100/hour
External rate applies to external entities wishing to utilize AIC Laboratory services for short-term projects and testing.
General Lab and Equipment Rate:
Includes use of general equipment (additional equipment rates such as those listed below, if applicable, will be added to the general rate), Lab space, and basic supplies. Users must first be approved and receive training on any equipment to be used. Training time will vary and be charged at the standard technician rate.
- Sponsored research rate: $25/hour
- Non-Research, external rate: $50/hour
Additional Equipment Rates:
The rates below will be charged in addition to technician fees.
VP-SEM w/ EDS detector
- Sponsored research rate: $75 / hour
- Non-research, external rate $150 / hour
Optical Emission Spectrometer (OES)
- Sponsored research rate: $50 / sample + cal.4
- Non-research, external rate: $50 / sample + cal.4
MTS 110kip Load Frame
- Sponsored research rate: $25 / running hour
- Non-research, external rate: $50 / running hour
4. Calibration typically takes about 1 hour per base and is charged at standard technician rate.
Longer-term, externally-sponsored research projects are welcomed. For these projects a separate proposal and itemized budget will be prepared. Please contact the Lab's Director to discuss new project opportunities.