General Motors ASEP
The General Motors (GM) Automotive Student Education Program (ASEP) option for the
Automotive Technology AAS degree is a joint venture with General Motors Company and
its sponsoring General Motors dealerships. GM ASEP program begins in the fall of odd-numbered years and has specific admission requirements.
Students enrolled in this option attend class in the am for the semester and work at a sponsoring Alaskan General Motors dealership or authorized ACDelco repair facility. AAS General Education Requirement (GER) courses Writing, Communication, and Math will be added to students schedules based on placement scores.
Applicants must complete the following procedures:
- Apply for admission to UAA ~ Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Automotive Technology.
- Contact the Automotive & Diesel Technology Department at (907) 786-6475 to communicate
your interest in the UAA GM ASEP program.
- Have official high school transcripts, or official GED, and any vocational-technical
training certificates sent to the UAA Office of Admissions, 3211 Providence Drive,
Anchorage, AK 99508.
- Present evidence to UAA GM ASEP of math competency equivalent to completion of MATH A055.
This may be accomplished by presentation of college transcripts for department evaluation,
or by achieving an appropriate score on a UAA-approved placement test ALEKS. For more
information on ALEKS please visit UAA Testing Center.
- Demonstrate Writing skills proficiency through appropriate score on a UAA-approved placement test (Accuplacer) administered by UAA Testing Center (907)-786-4500, or through presentation of transcripts for Department of Writing evaluation. Generally, applicants prepared for entry into WRTG A111 have sufficient proficiency for entry into the UAA GM ASEP.
- GM ASEP students should plan on seeking employment through a sponsoring Alaska General Motors dealership or authorized ACDelco repair facility.