Summer 2013: How to request financial aid for the semester

by Michelle Saport  |   

If you are planning on taking classes this summer and need to request financial aid funding you must submit a Summer Revision Request form. The Summer Revision Request form is currently available on the Student Financial Assistance website. Remember to register for summer classes before submitting this form to our office.

If you are a continuing student who has used all of your financial aid for the 2012-13 academic year but need financial assistance for summer courses, there are the following options:

a) Pell recipients can use Pell funds from the 2013-14 FAFSA if you specifically request to do so on your Summer Revision Request form. This option is highly recommended for students that are graduating in summer 2013, fall 2013 or know you will be attending less than full time in fall 2013 or spring 2014. This recommendation is based on the fact this will limit the amount of Pell funding available for the 2013-14 academic year.

b) Submit a Tuition Award Request Form if you meet the following criteria:

i. Have a FAFSA on file and demonstrate financial need.
ii. Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
iii. Have completed a scholarships application on UAOnline (unless you are graduating at the end of summer).
iv. Taking courses at the Anchorage campus.
v. Have an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher or graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.

Tuition awards are limited and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Only courses that start prior to July 1 can be considered for an award.

Creative Commons License "Summer 2013: How to request financial aid for the semester" is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.