Creating Your UA Account & Registering

Creating Your University Account

Once you have submitted your application you will need to create your University of Alaska account. This account will follow you throughout your time here and is necessary in order to view your bill, register for classes, view transcripts and much more.

Go to and choose option 3. You may leave the social security field blank. If you have difficulties with this process please contact Once you complete your account set-up you may log into UAOnline and access your information.

Registering for Classes

International students must pay close attention to both the delivery method of the class and the location of the class. For the location, ensure your class is not located in Chugiak/Eagle River or the military base (JBER, Elmendorf & Ft. Richardson). International students may take only three of the required twelve credits using Distance ED BLKBD or Distance Ed. Be aware that the University Center is approximately one mile from the main campus and will require travel time.

Prior to registration undergraduate students must take the Accuplacer and ALEKS placement tests (for a screen reader friendly version of the ALEKS exam, contact Disability Support Services) and contact their advisor. Your advisor will work with you to create an academic plan. Registration is only open for specific periods. These dates are listed on the Registration website.

To find out if there are any required prerequisites for your desired courses check the course descriptions in the UAA catalog. If you plan on using transfer credits (either from a WES evaluation or a US school), the Registrar's Office must have had sufficient time to complete a transfer credit evaluation. When the evaluation is complete you may view your transfer equivalencies through your UAOnline account: Student Services & Account Information > Student Records > Student Transfer Credit Equivalency.

If you and your advisor believe that a course you have taken was not transferred appropriately your advisor will assist you with an academic petition.

Find out more about How to Register.