Contact via Email and Phone: Closed to In-person Traffic
The University Center is closed to walk-in traffic due to statewide and local measures
to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The call center is operational and staff are able to take your call Monday - Friday
from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
During this time, transcripts must be mailed and are not available for pick up.
Please note that staff are working remotely and there may be some unintended interruptions
or delays to communication. We appreciate your patience during this time.
For fall and spring semesters, UAA follows a staggered priority registration schedule based on student class standing. Class standing is determined by total completed
and in-progress UAA credits. In-progress credit is credit for which a student is enrolled
during the current semester. For example, UAA in-progress fall credits would count
toward UAA priority registration for the following spring semester.
UAS or UAF credits count toward UAA priority registration only if they are transferred to
To check class standing, log in to UAOnline, go to the Students Services and Account Information tab and click on the "Check
Your Registration Eligibility" link in the Registration menu.
Registration opens online at 12:00 a.m. on the priority registration day for each student type.
All online registration is completed through UAOnline. The UAOnline site is used to access student records, registration activity and other
account information. New users of university online resources can claim their credentials at me.uaa.alaska.edu. All current and former students of the University of Alaska system have a UAOnline
Registration remains open 24/7 until the close of registration. Telephone assistance
is available during regular business hours at 907-786-1480.
- Step by Step Instructions
- Go to UAOnline and click the "Log In" link.
- Enter UA username and password (the same credentials for Blackboard or UAA e-mail). Current students who are already
using university online resources, such as e-mail and Blackboard, do not need to reactivate
their account. New users of online university resources can claim their credentials
For assistance contact the UAA Call Center at 907-786-4646 or toll-free at 1-877-633-3888
or e-mail email@example.com.
- Once in the secured area, select the "Student Services and Account Information" tab, then click on "Registration."
- In the Registration menu, choose "Class Search." On the Class Search page,
- Choose the semester.
- To search for Anchorage, Chugiak-Eagle River and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson courses,
choose "UAA - Main Campus."
- Select the type of course delivery (distance, traditional, etc.)
- Select one or multiple subjects from the Subject menu or enter a keyword in the Keyword Search field.
- Click "Course Search."
- For more search options, click on the "Advanced Search" button near the top of the page.
- On the search results page there will be a list of classes. Each class will have course
reference number (CRN), campus, credit hours, meeting days and times, and other information.
Click on the CRN for any class to see additional class information, such as prerequisites and corequisites,
instructional delivery methods, and special notes.
- Once the appropriate course has been found, return to the search results page, click
the check box next to the CRN and hit the "Add to Worksheet" button at the bottom of the page. The browser will navigate to the Register/Add/Drop
- The selected CRN will display on the Register/Add/Drop page. If the CRN is correct,
click "Complete Registration Changes" to enroll in the class. To search for more classes, click on "Class Search."
Registration shortcut: Classes may be added by CRN directly from the Register/Add/Drop page. Find the Registration
menu, click "Register/Add/Drop," enter the CRN(s) and click the "Complete Registration
- Common Registration Errors
- Closed section: Registration is closed because the class is full. If the class has waitlist seats
available, it is possible to get on the waitlist. See the waitlist instructions below.
- Corequisite required: Register for both corequisite classes at the same time. Go to the Register/Add/Drop
page, enter the CRNs for both of the required courses and hit "Complete Registration
- Department approval: Registration is limited to students who have departmental approval. Contact the department
to request an override.
- Duplicate CRN: Already registered for another section of the course. In most cases, simultaneous
registration in two or more sections of the same course is not allowed. If the course
is approved for multiple registrations, contact the department to request an override.
- FORT/EAFB: Class is held on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER). Call the JBER office at 907-753-0204
for information or to request an override. See below for more information on JBER
- Instructor approval: Registration is restricted to students who have instructor approval. Contact the instructor
to request an override.
- Level restriction: Registration is restricted to students in a particular level (for example, graduate).
Click on the CRN to see level restriction information.
- Maximum hours exceeded: Registration in the class will exceed the maximum number of credits allowed for the
semester. To enroll in extra credits, submit a Request for Credit Overload Form, available
at on our Forms page.
- Prerequisite not met: Registration is limited to students who have met prerequisite and/or test score restrictions.
Check the CRN to see prerequisite and test score information. Contact the department
- Registration changes not allowed: The registration period for the class has not yet opened or has passed.
- Registration hold: Registration holds block registration until the hold is removed by the initiating
office. Registration holds may result from:
- Unpaid tuition and fees and/or outstanding balances on the student account (e.g.,
parking fines, course fees). Contact the Cashiering Office at 907-786-1440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Judicial/disciplinary holds. Contact the Dean of Students Office at 907-786-1214 or email@example.com.
- Other registration holds. Contact the UAA One Stop at 907-786-1480.
- UAA is part of a statewide system. Therefore, a hold at one University of Alaska campus
will affect registration at all UA campuses.
- Student attribute: Registration is restricted to students with a specific 'attribute' attached to their
student record (e.g. students must have an attribute to register for upper-division