National Student Exchange
Contact via Email and Phone: Closed to In-person Traffic
The University Center is closed to walk-in traffic due to statewide and local measures
to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The call center is operational and staff are able to take your call Monday - Friday
from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Call center: 907-786-1480 (option 5)
- Email: contact information found on this page or listed on the Office of the Registrar homepage
During this time, transcripts must be mailed and are not available for pick up.
Please note that staff are working remotely and there may be some unintended interruptions or delays to communication. We appreciate your patience during this time.
National Student Exchange provides students with affordable and practical opportunities to experience new and diverse settings in which to study and live. Students can study for a semester or a year paying either UAA tuition or resident tuition at a choice of 160 colleges and universities throughout the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands (UAA does not currently participate in the Canada exchange). For more detailed information, you can visit www.nse.org, where you can find out about all participating colleges and universities.
In order to participate in National Student Exchange you must:
- Be enrolled full-time at UAA
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be in Good Academic Standing
- Have completed a minimum of 24 credits at UAA before your exchange begins
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident - Students on visas cannot participate
- Have no outstanding financial obligation to the University of Alaska system before your exchange begins
- Have no current or pending probationary or disciplinary action
To apply for National Student Exchange:
- Schedule an appointment with the NSE Coordinator. Once an exchange has been discussed, the NSE application will be emailed to you.
- Fill out the application and confirm completion with the NSE coordinator.
- Submit a $250 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete all items by February 1st for Placement at the Annual Placement Conference. Post-Conference Placements are available after the February 1st deadline.