As a public comprehensive university, UAA is an important partner in our communities. From strategic partnerships with the health care industry and many Alaska businesses, to our extensive network of internships and job placement opportunities, we're educating the next generation of Alaska business owners and employees. Our community partnerships make us stronger, and we deeply value these relationships.
Aspiration #3: We embrace our role as a trusted and respected community partner.
- Demonstrate value and meaningful progress on UAA 2027 aspirations.
- By the end of calendar year 2027, we'll have achieved significant progress toward meeting the aspirations throughout the UAA 2027 Strategic Plan, demonstrating our value to our local community.
- Align and communicate UAA capacity to meet community needs.
- At its core, UAA helps meet the future workforce and community development needs of the city of Anchorage and the communities in which our campuses reside. By 2027, we'll have ensured our educational capacity can meet those current needs, as well as the project future needs of the city we call home.
- Deepen and expand community engagement beyond current level.
- UAA will continue the expansion of our existing partnerships, as well as find additional opportunities for engagement throughout the Anchorage community and across Alaska.