Application Procedure - OEC
Department Application Requirements
4. Provide High School Diploma or GED equivalency and completion of appropriate placement into WRTG A110 or proof of completion of WRTG A090 with a grade of C or better. Completion of WRTG A111 and/or a previous Associate's or Bachelor's degree meets this requirement. Contact the Medical Laboratory Science Department if you have questions concerning the placement scores.
Enrollment in Phlebotomy courses is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a student has fulfilled the above requirements, the student can request departmental approval from the Medical Laboratory Science Department.
Prior to enrolling in a practicum (MEDT A195A, MEDT A195B), Phlebotomy students must:
- Demonstrate computer competency in the prerequisite MEDT courses.
- Have completed a background check from the State of Alaska. Contact the Medical Laboratory Science Department for more information.
- Provide proof of personal medical insurance coverage.
- Provide updated vaccination information if required.
- Provide a current certificate in Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (BLS-HCP) issued by the American Heart Association.