Admission into the UAA Radiologic Technology program is a two-part process:
- Admission to the University of Alaska Anchorage as an undergraduate degree-seeking student (associate’s or bachelor’s level) AND
- Admission to the Radiologic Technology program through a department application process.
The Radiologic Technology program selects a limited number of applicants each year into its full-major program. Admissions into the program is competitive and acceptance into the university as a degree-seeking student does not guarantee selection into the full-major program.
- Undergraduate degree-seeking student status at the University of Alaska Anchorage. UAS and UAF students must also submit an application to become degree-seeking students at UAA.
- Complete the prerequisite course requirements by the application deadline.
- Complete and submit application to the Radiologic Technology Program by the application
Note: The admissions procedure is a multi-step process. All applications are reviewed and scored, and only top ranking students are invited to sit for an interview. Please see the application/score sheet for a review of the application scoring process.
Department Application Requirements
3. Application Procedure / Score Sheet. A cumulative GPA will be calculated for all students. The cumulative GPA will include all credits to include all transfer credits accepted by UAA. Admissions to the program is competitive and the cumulative GPA will be used to determine final ranking of all applicants. Please see the application/score sheet for a review of this process.
4. Interview. Upon review of the initial application, a select number of applicants will be invited for an interview using a web based interview platform. Invitations for an interview will also include further information and instructions.
- Proof of completion of all immunization requirements and immunizations required by clinical site.
- Proof of completion of current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Proof of completion of background check.
- Proof of drug screen if required by clinical site.
- Proof of health insurance.