Student Advising & Advocacy
The Office of Student Advising and Advocacy is dedicated to the matters centered upon student success. Our primary goal is to increase the retention, quality, and graduation rates of students within the College of Health.
Functions of the COH Office of Student Advising and Advocacy include:
- Provides focused support for students requiring entry level and PRPE courses.
- Acquaints students with how to locate and effectively utilize resources at UAA.
- Assists students with course selection and registration process.
- Refers students with the appropriate COH faculty advisor.
- Attends and promotes COH majors at college and career fairs.
- Builds collaborative and working relationships with the Anchorage School District's staff, other educational resources, and the greater Anchorage community to promote and recruit prospective students to the College of Health at UAA.
Academic Support and Resources
All students are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor from the COH Office of Student Advising or from their school or department.
To assist students in having the best academic experience, the Office of Advising and Advocacy promotes the use of resources on campus and within the College of Health to ensure academic success. Listed below are some of the essential supportive services available to students:
- Academic Calendar
- College of Preparatory & Develomental Studies
- Learning Commons (Formerly the Learning Resources Center)
- Multicultural Center
- Native Student Services
- Office of Diversity
- Student Access, Advising & Transition
- Student Development
- Student Health and Counseling Center