Academic and Financial Resources
Your professors and instructors really want to hear from you! Look at your course syllabus to find your professors' office hours and contact information. Consider emailing them to ask a question or even just to introduce yourself! Your professors and instructors love to hear about your goals for the future and help you make the most out of your time at UAA.
Check out the Navigate mobile app to connect to your professors in your "class schedule." You can also use the app to schedule appointments with your academic advisor.
Academic Advisors help students explore their career interests, understand the necessary requirements for their major, and make sure students are appropriately placed into their classes.
Financial Aid Counselors are a great resource when you have financial questions or decisions, especially when paying your tuition and fees, or managing your financial aid.
Where can I find academic coaches or tutors for my classes?
Check out the UAA Learning Commons!
- You can get tutoring help from the Writing Center, Math Lab, Science Tutoring, Center for Language Learning, and Communication Center.
- Check out free resources from the Learning Commons.
Are you having issues with Navigate, Seawolf Mentor, or CircleIn? Please submit a ticket to our Office of Student Success.
Find answers to basic Blackboard Questions under student resources.
If you are having issues with Blackboard (not answered above), your UA Username log in, or internet or hardware issues, please consult the UAA IT office.
Campus Life and Wellness Support
- I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed. Where can I find help on campus?
- Who do I talk to about disability support services?
- How do I contact emergency services?
These are not normal times, and you may have financial, health, or legal emergencies.
- If you are experiencing a health or safety emergency, contact 911.
- Student Health and Counseling provides various mental and physical health options. We want you to stay a healthy Seawolf!
- The UAA Psychological Services Center (PSC) is offering students COVID-adjustment sessions and remote appointment options. The PSC is staffed by Ph.D. students in the Clinical-Community Psychology program under the supervision of licensed psychologists.
- Are you in a legal bind because of COVID? Speak with an attorney for free using the Alaska Legal Services and Alaska Bar Association hotline at 1-844-263-1849.
"UAA is great at building a positive community. All staff members and professors I have interacted with have been helpful and motivated to see students succeed."RISC Student Survey Spring 2020