IDEA & Faculty Evaluation
Use of IDEA Survey Results in Faculty Evaluation Files
The UAA Faculty Evaluation Policies and Procedures state that files should include, "All student evaluations from the period under review" (page 33).
Useful Links for Faculty Evaluation
- IDEABlog: 2 Ways to Use IDEA for Promotion, Mid-Tenure, and Tenure Review
- The IDEA Center's IDEAblog - Various articles about utilizing IDEA's Student Ratings of Instruction.
- The Role of Course Evals in Faculty Evaluation - A presentation from CAFE by Professor John Petraitis.
- CAFE (Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence) - Provides support for faculty preparing evaluation files.
- Memo from Provost Driscoll regarding the use of Fall 2007 IDEA results in faculty review files
- General Faculty Evaluation Information
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software