Past Accreditation Reports and Findings
UAA’s last comprehensive review culminated in January 2019, when the NWCCU Board of Commissioners reaffirmed UAA's accreditation for seven years, the maximum period granted by NWCCU. UAA was recognized with four commendations, and received two recommendations which were fulfilled through an ad hoc report in 2020.
The Commission commended UAA for:
- An inclusive process for UAA 2020, which brought the campuses together in an unprecedented joint effort focused on Student Success.
- Its culture of diversity and inclusivity, especially in relationship to Alaska Native communities.
- Its commitment to community engagement and the Public Square.
- Its extensive assessment efforts related to student learning. Faculty exhibit robust ownership and leadership in assessing academic programs, and also engage proactively in the multifaceted assessment of General Education.
The Commission recommended that UAA:
- Expand efforts around institutional planning of graduate programs to demonstrate their academic quality and role in mission fulfillment (Standard 2.C.12).
- Continue the focus on collaborative Student Success efforts to raise low graduation and retention rates and support Mission Fulfillment (Standard 5.B.1).
All Recommendations Fulfilled with Ad Hoc Report
An Ad Hoc Report on two recommendations was submitted March 1, 2020. The NWCCU Board of Commissioners reviewed and took action on the report at their June 2020 meeting. On July 22, 2020 NWCCU President Ramaswamy informed Chancellor Sandeen that both recommendations have been fulfilled. UAA enters its new cycle with four commendations and no recommendations!
Past Accreditation Reports
- Spring 2020
- Fall 2018
- Spring 2015
- UAA Prince William Sound College Substantive Change Proposal (2/15)
- NWCCU Approval (6/15)
- Fall 2014
- Fall 2013
- Fall 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2010
- UAA Year 5 Self-Evaluation Report (3/10)
- NWCCU Letter with Reaffirmation (4/10)
- Fall 2009
- UAA Year 3 Self-Evaluation Report (9/09)
- NWCCU Peer Evaluation Report (12/09)
- UAA Response (12/09)
- NWCCU Letter with Reaffirmation (1/10)
- Summer 2009
- UAA Year 1 Self-Evaluation Report Revision (6/09)
- NWCCU Letter Responding to Report (8/09)
- Spring 2009
- UAA Year 1 Self-Evaluation Report (2/09)
- NWCCU Letter Accepting Report (3/09)
NOTE: This site is under construction while reports and findings are being made accessible. To request any documents which are not currently linked below, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs.