Medical Office Coding Occupational Endorsement Certificate
Explore the medical office coding occupational endorsement certificate program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
UAA’s occupational endorsement certificate program in medical office coding is one
of only a few programs in the state that qualifies you to sit for the American Academy
of Professional Coders (AAPC) national certification exam.
Medical office coding scholarships and financial aid
UAA offers numerous scholarships and awards that help students pay for college. Find out if you qualify by visiting the UAA Office of Financial Aid.
Flexible program options
Enroll full time or part time, start in the fall, spring or summer, and complete some courses online. You can also attend classes at the University of Alaska Fairbanks or the University of Alaska Southeast to earn your medical office coding certificate while staying closer to home or work.
Student advising and support
Develop a program of study to successfully earn your occupational endorsement certificate in a timely manner. Academic advisors in the School of Allied Health can help.
Did you know..
UAA’s medical office coding occupational endorsement certificate is a convenient, affordable way to enhance your job skills without attending medical coding vocational or trade school.
What can you do with a medical office coding certificate from UAA?
Many UAA medical office coding alumni are currently employed throughout Alaska.
Medical assisting careers
Medical office coders typically work in outpatient health care settings, such as:
- Medical clinics
- Physician’s offices
- Public and private hospitals
- Nursing care facilities
- Health insurance companies
By the numbers..
Medical office coding occupational endorsement certificate program highlights
Receive specialized medical coding training related to various health care classification systems used to maintain quality patient records.
- Learn from experienced health care professionals. Program faculty and UAA alumni team up to provide quality instruction and academic support. Faculty include an AAPC- and AHIMA-certified trainer with more than 30 years of experience developing and implementing training and adult education programs for medical and other health care professionals.
- Practice working with technology and equipment you’ll use as a medical office coder. The medical assisting program at UAA has four simulation examination rooms equipped with medical office supplies and SimChart, a simulation electronic medical records software.
Medical office coding occupational endorsement certificate program curriculum
Prepare for the AACP medical coding certification exam while developing technical skills you’ll use every day in the health care field. Program coursework helps you understand conventions and guidelines, the importance of accuracy, and legal and ethical issues in coding and billing.
Top classes for medical office coding majors
- Develop essential skills in diagnosis and procedure coding with Medical Terminology.
- Explore human biology to help you interpret medical records in Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II.