You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Phlebotomy Occupational Endorsement Certificate
Explore the phlebotomy occupational endorsement certificate program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
Phlebotomists draw, identify, label and track blood samples for tests, transfusions,
research or blood donations.
UAA’s occupational endorsement certificate program in phlebotomy is one of only a few programs in the state that qualifies you to sit for several national certification exams. Certified phlebotomists are in high demand for health care jobs.
Phlebotomy scholarships and financial aid
UAA offers numerous scholarships and awards that help cover college costs for undergraduate students. Learn more about applying and qualifying for financial aid through the UAA Office of Financial Aid.
Flexible program options
Enroll in classes on UAA’s campus or online, and start in the fall or spring. If you take classes outside of Anchorage, you can still work with a mentoring facility to complete the lab portion of the program curriculum.
Did you know..
UAA’s phlebotomy occupational endorsement certificate is a convenient, affordable way to enhance your job skills without attending vocational or trade school for phlebotomy technicians.
What can you do with a phlebotomy certificate from UAA?
Phlebotomists and phlebotomy technicians typically work in medical labs for doctors’
offices and clinics, public and private hospitals, medical and diagnostic laboratories,
long-term care facilities, nursing homes, blood donor centers and mobile donation
Phlebotomy-related degree programs
- A.A.S. in medical laboratory technology
- B.S. in medical laboratory science
UAA phlebotomy alumni have been hired in Anchorage and across Alaska by employers such as:
Providence and MatSu Regional Medical Centers
- Providence Health and Services
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- MultiCare Health System
- Providence Hospice Home Care
- Alaska Regional and Central Peninsula Hospitals
- Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center
- Maniilaq Association
By the numbers..
Phlebotomy occupational endorsement certificate program highlights
Fulfilling a growing need for trained and certified phlebotomists in Alaska, UAA’s occupational endorsement certificate program in phlebotomy prepares you with knowledge, skills and experience for national certification exams and professional practice.
- Work with health care professionals in the field while gaining hands-on phlebotomy training. Program coursework includes four to six weeks in a practicum experience at an affiliated clinical partner.
- Choose from several clinical affiliates that offer real-world experience for undergraduate students. The phlebotomy training program at UAA partners with local and statewide organizations such as the Blood Bank of Alaska, Providence Medical Center, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, the Alaska State Public Health Laboratory and the Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic.
- Practice using phlebotomy equipment and technology. UAA’s program is well-equipped with a student lab that has instrumentation and supplies similar to what you’ll use in the workforce.
- Learn from experienced program faculty. Their connections with industry and professional organizations in Anchorage and across Alaska are critical to the program’s success and have helped build relationships for clinical practicum training sites and the donation of blood collection supplies and equipment.
Phlebotomy occupational endorsement certificate program curriculumPrepare for national exams to earn a certificate in phlebotomy while developing technical skills in health care that you’ll use every day as a phlebotomist technician. Program coursework explores topics in medical terminology, bloodwork equipment and procedures, cross-cultural health and healing practices, health care law and professional ethics.
Top classes for phlebotomy majors
- Get hands-on phlebotomy training and become eligible to sit for the national certification exam after completing Phlebotomy Practicum.
- Examine case studies from clinical affiliates by applying knowledge learned from previous classes in Clinical Correlations.