Faculty Writing Retreat - May 13-15, 2013
by Michelle Saport |
A three-day retreat designed to provide the time for intensive, focused, non-distracted and supervised writing to make significant progress toward the completion of a writing project.
During the retreat, directors Sonja Foss, Ph.D., and William Waters, Ph.D., will work individually with participants to solve problems and facilitate maximum productivity, including assistance in:
- Developing individual writing plans;
- Unblocking writer's block;
- Developing frameworks or research questions for projects;
- Writing literature reviews efficiently;
- Coding qualitative data efficiently;
- Analyzing data to develop conceptual schemas;
- Organizing ideas;
- Developing strategies for efficient writing; and
- Providing energy and motivation.
Monday, May 13, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (includes continental breakfast and lunch) Tuesday, May 14, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (includes continental breakfast and lunch) Wednesday, May 15, 9 a.m.-noon (includes continental breakfast) ConocoPhillips Integrated Science Building, Room 121Most retreat participants report dramatic progress towards achieving their writing goals. Space is limited. Register today at the CAFE website.